Reviewing a non-traditional CV/Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmNerd08

Residency Seeker
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have already completed applications to 6 residency programs. I have got some of my preceptors and professors to critique my letter and CV, but I would love to have the feedback of you, guys, whether students, residents, or pharmacists.

So, any body interested?!

There are parts of the CV that sound unusual, primarily because of the non-traditional way I obtained clinical experience. You'll find out when you read the letter and the CV together :)

Thanks.
PharmNerd08

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• PharmNerd08-LOI-CMC.docx
    18.9 KB · Views: 200
  • PharmNerd08-SDN-CV.docx
    35.9 KB · Views: 205
Hi PharmNerd. I only did a quick glance but I wanted to say I thought both your CV/LOI was EXTREMELY well done! I was very impressed. My only critique would be that the LOI is a little long and you can somewhat tell that you were moving things around to make space; however, the body of the letter is very well written and flowed smoothly. I can't think of anything I would recommend taking out! I will let others comment on the length of the letter and if they have any suggestions from that standpoint; however, it looks great!

Good luck with your search!! :)

Thank Penguin85. I think the length in my case was just because of the few special things that I need to make them aware of, like the FPGEC, etc. Are you a PGY1 or PGY2? How do you feel about it after all? It's been a dream for very long now for me and I have worked very hard, dedicated all my resources to get to this point where I am able to apply and see!:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently Windows never heard of .docx. could not open on my computer.
johnep

Apparently Windows never heard of .docx. could not open on my computer.
johnep

Only Office 2007 can read .docx file extensions. Here they are in a more user friendly format!

Attachments

• PharmNerd08-LOI-doc.doc
    37 KB · Views: 105
  • PharmNerd08-CV-doc.doc
    73.5 KB · Views: 113
I am a current PGY2 and very happy with my decision to pursue the residency route. I feel so much more prepared as a future clinical pharmacist and although it is challenging at times, it's definitely worth it. Is there anyone out there who regretted doing a residency? If so, I would like to hear your argument! :D

I agree. The LOI is very well written, but, caveat. Some HRs/ managers might deem this as too long.

There. Now if, hypothetically the other applicants are equally as eloquent and as well experienced as you are, it may come down to networking, and just maybe personal preference of managers (aka the superficials, your face, how you look etc)