RFU AP, G-TOWN SMP, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aks47

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was just wondering what post-bac programs are really looking...high GPAs or high MCATs. Here's my dilemma...I have a 3.7ish GPA (first 2 years of undergrad). I am planning on graduating in April 2006 with a 3 yr BSc (our school gives them out...the 4 year equivalent is an Honours degree BSc). Anyways, I wrote the MCATs and didn't do too well...mid 20 R.

What, do you think, post-bac programs care more about...your undergrad GPA (which is usually 2-3 years worth of work) or MCATs?(which is ONE day!!!)...lol, I am totally biased.

Do they have a specific weighting formula...for example, GPA is x% and MCAT is y%?

Thanks in advance,

-aks47

Members don't see this ad.

aks47 said:
Hey,

I was just wondering what post-bac programs are really looking...high GPAs or high MCATs. Here's my dilemma...I have a 3.7ish GPA (first 2 years of undergrad). I am planning on graduating in April 2006 with a 3 yr BSc (our school gives them out...the 4 year equivalent is an Honours degree BSc). Anyways, I wrote the MCATs and didn't do too well...mid 20 R.

What, do you think, post-bac programs care more about...your undergrad GPA (which is usually 2-3 years worth of work) or MCATs?(which is ONE day!!!)...lol, I am totally biased.

Do they have a specific weighting formula...for example, GPA is x% and MCAT is y%?

Thanks in advance,

-aks47

Programs like Rosalind Franklin's AP and Georgetown's SMP are more for people in the opposite situation, with a good MCAT but low GPA. I don't know about Rosalind Franklin, but for Georgetown you need at least a 27 MCAT.

These programs are very expensive, and they aren't really designed for people in your situation. What you need to do is bring up your MCAT. A review course like Kaplan or something would be a better investment because it is the MCAT that will hold you back.

yeah, really just bring up your MCAT, your gpa is good