Rheumatology Journal Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LowlyPremed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have to give journal club and I need help finding a suitable article. I will be an MS I in the fall. I need something that's not heavy on the basic sciences since I work in clincal research. My audience will be a mix of basic science researchers, clinicians, clinical fellows i.e people with a lot more experience than me. I need something that will appeal to both scientists and clinicians. I prefer something on RA, but any other rheumatic disease will do. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,
LowlyPreMed

Members don't see this ad.

LowlyPremed said:
Hi Everyone,

I have to give journal club and I need help finding a suitable article. I will be an MS I in the fall. I need something that's not heavy on the basic sciences since I work in clincal research. My audience will be a mix of basic science researchers, clinicians, clinical fellows i.e people with a lot more experience than me. I need something that will appeal to both scientists and clinicians. I prefer something on RA, but any other rheumatic disease will do. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,
LowlyPreMed
Statin use and RA - there was a recent trial of atorvastatin (or perhaps several - I saw one called "TARA" trial of atorvastatin in RA, but also just saw some smaller ones). Anyway - statins have anti-inflammatory effects and are suggested as potentially beneficial for immune mediated diseases. I don't recall whether the randomized trials have shown anything conclusive yet or not.