ROL ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych_psych_psych

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for rank order list advice. My current list is this:

1) Yale, Stanford, UPMC: Top programs- locations vary.
2) Colorado, Austin: Good program with solid training
3) Vermont, Maine: More community feel, but nice outdoorsy area

Career goals are to be quasi academic with leadership position in systems initiative or leadership position in a start-up related to psychiatry.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I'm looking for rank order list advice. My current list is this:

1) Yale, Stanford, UPMC: Top programs- locations vary.
2) Colorado, Austin: Good program with solid training
3) Vermont, Maine: More community feel, but nice outdoorsy area

Career goals are to be quasi academic with leadership position in systems initiative or leadership position in a start-up related to psychiatry.
Those are pretty different goals. If you're looking to do startup work there's no way to rank anything other than Stanford one. If you're looking to do leadership and systems work then UPMC and Yale would definitely come before Stanford. If you don't have a strong opinion either way, I would rank the Yale & UPMC above Stanford as they are definitely overall stronger programs.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
List looks good. I'd put Austin over Colorado based on moonlighting ability, work life balance.

Reactions: 1 user
How did you end up ranking? I'm curious about UPMC vs Stanford/Harvard programs. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Yale, Stanford -- Didn't ask for advice on these in another post since I knew where I'd rank them @: the remaining are:
UPMC
Colorado
Dell
Maine
Vermont