Rosalind Franklin BMS 2011-2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm very surprised whoever interviewed you didn't catch on to your arrogance..You come off as condescending to your future classmates who actually worked very hard this past year...But that's just me...

I don't want to get into an argument...but I think you would agree with me that as BMS students we have it very easy - 4 CMS courses and a bunch of "filler courses". CMS students take 12 medical school courses in addition to spending countless hours in the anatomy lab. so basically if you had that much time and only a few courses to worry about but you still couldn't get an A...I think u have to try harder...it's not being arrogant that's the truth...think about how it will be when you get to 2nd year. I had a 4th year student and Dr. Wolfe interview me btw...I don't think I came across as arrogant.

Members don't see this ad.

To those of you who are incoming BMS students, please do not be discouraged by Drake's remarks. There are VERY few people who got straight A's. The majority of students this year who were accepted to CMS got straight B's or mostly B's and 1 A. Please don't think you need a 4.0 to be successful in the program. The fact of the matter is that none of us know what the admissions committee is going to do and it changes every year. Make sure you do your personal best in the courses - you really can't ask anything more of yourself than that.

You'll also find that everyone has his or her own method of studying. Some of my friends never went to class and watched lectures online, while I am the kind of person who has to attend lectures. Do what works best for you. Your methods might change throughout the year or for different courses and that's fine. Do what works best for you to learn that material. If what you're doing doesn't work, try something else.

Regardless of how much more time we have than the M1s, we are also in a very different position than them. BMS year can get extremely stressful, so find something to work off some of that stress. For some people this is going to the gym, for some it's hanging out with friends, for others it's retail therapy. Make sure to take time to relax.

It's not easy to get A's in medical school courses. Just because you get a B doesn't mean you didn't learn the information as well (or better) than someone who got an A. Do your best and be confident in your abilities.

Congrats to my fellow M1As and good luck to those of you entering BMS in the fall!

I don't want to get into an argument...but I think you would agree with me that as BMS students we have it very easy - 4 CMS courses and a bunch of "filler courses". CMS students take 12 medical school courses in addition to spending countless hours in the anatomy lab. so basically if you had that much time and only a few courses to worry about but you still couldn't get an A...I think u have to try harder...it's not being arrogant that's the truth...think about how it will be when you get to 2nd year. I had a 4th year student and Dr. Wolfe interview me btw...I don't think I came across as arrogant.

Long-time reader first time poster. Thought I had to create an account to respectfully disagree with Drake. I'm sorry but you do come off as a know-it-all. And it reeks of arrogance. Having more time to study for exams isn't as big as a factor as you think. If it did, then why did we have much lower averages than M1's in cmcb, biochem, and physio?

In my opinion, test-taking ability has the biggest factor into doing well in the courses. After studying physio for countless hours everyday, I was still only able to obtain an 88%. The exams in every course are geared towards the majority of the students receiving ~80%. Just look at Neuro for example, there were only 40-50 students (out of 240 total BMS and M1 included) that received A's. And I can guarantee you there were more than 40-50 students who studied everyday/all-day for that class who still ended up with B's/C's.

So, get off your high-horse Drake. There were only 3 people in the entire BMS program (that I know of) that received straight A's.

By the way, I was also accepted with all B's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok this is getting blown out of proportion. I was just saying that we have so much time to study and I really thought that meant it would be possible to get straight As.

If you look at the stats for MCB, biochem, even for the first test for phsyio, consistently 30-40 percent of the class gets As. For the HCAM courses almost everyone gets high As. If you look at topics in physio class averages were in the high 90s after people finally figured out the past exams were the same.

Anyways I apologize if anyone was offended. I just wanted to get across that no one knows the criteria of the admission committee so I would just suggest future BMSers to aim for straight As because next year straight Bs might not equal to an acceptance....i apologize again to anyone who was offended.

Long-time reader first time poster. Thought I had to create an account to respectfully disagree with Drake. I'm sorry but you do come off as a know-it-all. And it reeks of arrogance. Having more time to study for exams isn't as big as a factor as you think. If it did, then why did we have much lower averages than M1's in cmcb, biochem, and physio?

In my opinion, test-taking ability has the biggest factor into doing well in the courses. After studying physio for countless hours everyday, I was still only able to obtain an 88%. The exams in every course are geared towards the majority of the students receiving ~80%. Just look at Neuro for example, there were only 40-50 students (out of 240 total BMS and M1 included) that received A's. And I can guarantee you there were more than 40-50 students who studied everyday/all-day for that class who still ended up with B's/C's.

So, get off your high-horse Drake. There were only 3 people in the entire BMS program (that I know of) that received straight A's.

By the way, I was also accepted with all B's.

Are there any past BMSers (10',11', etc) that didn't attend lecture that much? Would this cause problems during interview to CMS? Could showing up just for exams be unprofessional? I know medical students in general have the option of rattending lecture. It ranges anywhere to attend barely to attend always.

I know we should treat this program like a one year long interview. I certainly intend to do so. I won't wear a suit to class etc but then again I won't show up in jeans and a t-shir either.

If any BSMers can share anything about attending class (etc) please do so.

-----------------------
Also, if any of you lived downtown or at least to the point where you had to commute via the Metra, please share your experiences. I might do this as I won't have a car and I think it will be easier for me to get groceries, etc. I can use the commute time to review notes,etc but I'm also afraid severe weather may prevent me from making to class/exams,etc

-----
Thanks

Last edited:
The advice you successful BMS graduates are giving is truly helpful to us incoming BMSers. I think that's one of the unique things about programs like this, you all have been in our shoes and are sincerely trying to use what you've learned and experience to help us follow in your footsteps to a CMS acceptance.

I get the feeling drake suffered from some unintentional word choice as well as the inability to transmit tone of voice that comes with teh internetz. Positive outcome? A flood of anecdotal evidence about what it takes for admission (the only kind of evidence we're ever gonna get). Plus, he's been quite helpful so I would doubt he's hanging around just to gloat.

It really is helpful to know that there is a possibility to earn all A's, with hard work, maybe some inherently good test taking ability, a lighter load than M1, etc etc.

It's also great to know that you can also get an acceptance by working your butt off for straight Bs (n = several, at this point), or that all might not be lost if/when we land our first B. Point is, nobody that got in has reported this to be a complete cakewalk, regardless of grades.

All the tips, advice, "learned it the hard way" stories, etc are making me look forward to August, but with some good strategies in hand from the get go. So thanks for being swell and sharing. :thumbup:

Anyway, I'd like to learn how to save some money if you have some tips here. As far as books for classes, any to skip completely? Or, any class texts that are really good I should shop for now and get cheap? (I know someone mentioned BRS physiology earlier)

I know we should treat this program like a one year long interview. I certainly intend to do so. I won't wear a suit to class etc but then again I won't show up in jeans and a t-shir either.

If any BSMers can share anything about attending class (etc) please do so.

-----------------------
Also, if any of you lived downtown or at least to the point where you had to commute via the Metra, please share your experiences. I might do this as I won't have a car and I think it will be easier for me to get groceries, etc. I can use the commute time to review notes,etc but I'm also afraid severe weather may prevent me from making to class/exams,etc

-----
Thanks

Hey SaintRaphael,

There were quite a few BMSers who ONLY went to exams but I would say many of us attended lecture (whether sporadically or every day). I don't know if the exam-only students successfully matriculated mostly because I wasn't friends with any of them. In general, I went to class, regardless of time because it forced me to get out of bed and once I was awake, I knew that I had to spend the rest of the day studying. I also didn't like waiting for the lectures to come up for download to get my first exposure to the material. I personally used the online lectures as refreshers on the weekend, something to listen to while I cleaned my apartment or whatever.

Regarding Class Couture: People went to class in jeans and a t-shirt, or in my case from time to time: sweats (egads). A lot of BMSers did, really so don't worry about dressing to impress, the profs may be more impressed if you have real questions to ask them and show that you're genuinely interested in the material than whether or not you are wearing your undergraduate sweatshirt :)

I lived on campus, but towards the end of the year, I spent a lot more time commuting from downtown via car/metra. The only thing I can say is that in more inclement weather the Metra gets delayed so I wouldn't rely on that as your sole source of transportation especially if you intend on going to class every day. But the ride down is nice and it is really easy to get stuff done.

The advice you successful BMS graduates are giving is truly helpful to us incoming BMSers. I think that's one of the unique things about programs like this, you all have been in our shoes and are sincerely trying to use what you've learned and experience to help us follow in your footsteps to a CMS acceptance.

Anyway, I'd like to learn how to save some money if you have some tips here. As far as books for classes, any to skip completely? Or, any class texts that are really good I should shop for now and get cheap? (I know someone mentioned BRS physiology earlier)

BRS physiology is a DEFINITE MUST. If there's any book you'll need it's this one to help learn the general concepts before honing on the details emphasized in class. And then when you successfully matriculate (fingers crossed!) to CMS, you're gonna need it again to study for boards.

I personally was also a big fan of West's Respiratory Physiology text because it condensed the Resp unit very nicely and was another exposure to the material. I finished reading it the Wednesday before the Respiratory exam and it was probably the reason why I aced that test. However, not everyone liked the book and so try before you buy it in the library! Some people might try to push for Vander's Renal, but I think Dr. Peterson does a really good job of presenting the material, stay on top of that and you won't need the book.

For neuroscience, get the Haines Atlas. The neuroanatomy portion may take images from this text and I much prefer the brainstem sections in this book as opposed to neurosyllabus (google the website, it's pretty cool but don't spend too much time on it now, relax before your year starts!) I also had Purves, but I hardly ever read it.

If people have been getting in with straight B's for years there really is no reason to try to shoot for straight A's. I preferred to be slightly on the safe side though and got a couple A's.

I think the only book you really need to buy through the entire program is Haines. I would recommend West and Vander's renal physiology cause those parts draw heavily from those books.

physio is the one course that is almost completely conceptual. The entire course can pretty much summed up by understanding pressure, flow and resistance.

Read the notes & slides. That's where the questions come out of.

Thanks. I personally always dress "nice/casual" in front of professors. It helps me concentrate at school and you never know who you're going to meet. I don't take "dress for success" that far but in moderation.Nothing wrong with jeans and t shirt per se, just not something I prefer to wear in front of professors (MD, PhD, etc).

I still plan to live near or in downtown and attend lectures at least most of the time. On exam days during snowy weather I'll just be sure to leave extra early to be on the safe side.

Did any former BSMers miss exams due to weather? If so, what happened?

Also, if anyone is willing to share old exams please PM me. Unless of course the school provides some "bank" of old exams.

Hey SaintRaphael,

There were quite a few BMSers who ONLY went to exams but I would say many of us attended lecture (whether sporadically or every day). I don't know if the exam-only students successfully matriculated mostly because I wasn't friends with any of them. In general, I went to class, regardless of time because it forced me to get out of bed and once I was awake, I knew that I had to spend the rest of the day studying. I also didn't like waiting for the lectures to come up for download to get my first exposure to the material. I personally used the online lectures as refreshers on the weekend, something to listen to while I cleaned my apartment or whatever.

Regarding Class Couture: People went to class in jeans and a t-shirt, or in my case from time to time: sweats (egads). A lot of BMSers did, really so don't worry about dressing to impress, the profs may be more impressed if you have real questions to ask them and show that you're genuinely interested in the material than whether or not you are wearing your undergraduate sweatshirt :)

I lived on campus, but towards the end of the year, I spent a lot more time commuting from downtown via car/metra. The only thing I can say is that in more inclement weather the Metra gets delayed so I wouldn't rely on that as your sole source of transportation especially if you intend on going to class every day. But the ride down is nice and it is really easy to get stuff done.

BRS physiology is a DEFINITE MUST. If there's any book you'll need it's this one to help learn the general concepts before honing on the details emphasized in class. And then when you successfully matriculate (fingers crossed!) to CMS, you're gonna need it again to study for boards.

I personally was also a big fan of West's Respiratory Physiology text because it condensed the Resp unit very nicely and was another exposure to the material. I finished reading it the Wednesday before the Respiratory exam and it was probably the reason why I aced that test. However, not everyone liked the book and so try before you buy it in the library! Some people might try to push for Vander's Renal, but I think Dr. Peterson does a really good job of presenting the material, stay on top of that and you won't need the book.

For neuroscience, get the Haines Atlas. The neuroanatomy portion may take images from this text and I much prefer the brainstem sections in this book as opposed to neurosyllabus (google the website, it's pretty cool but don't spend too much time on it now, relax before your year starts!) I also had Purves, but I hardly ever read it.

Did any BSMers not attend their commencement ceremony? If I'm fortunate to get into any MD or DO program afterwards I will definately attend commencement for that.

Did any BSMers attend commencement and not have family/friends attend?

Thanks. I personally always dress "nice/casual" in front of professors. It helps me concentrate at school and you never know who you're going to meet. I don't take "dress for success" that far but in moderation.Nothing wrong with jeans and t shirt per se, just not something I prefer to wear in front of professors (MD, PhD, etc).

I still plan to live near or in downtown and attend lectures at least most of the time. On exam days during snowy weather I'll just be sure to leave extra early to be on the safe side.

Did any former BSMers miss exams due to weather? If so, what happened?

Also, if anyone is willing to share old exams please PM me. Unless of course the school provides some "bank" of old exams.

The city of Chicago is pretty good at keeping streets clean during the winter. I think if the weather is awful the school will close as it did during snowpocalypse this year. Then again i am from further north so the temperature and weather doesnt faze me as much.

Each class will provide up to three years of old exams... That's not to say there are older ones floating around in the ether somewhere.

As far as textbooks go, I wouldn't bother with anything for CMCB or Biochem. Lippincott's for Biochem can be useful as a reference if you need it, but I would just take it out from the library. It's definitely not a necessity.

For physiology, the only textbook I used was West for the respiratory unit. Some people didn't find it helpful, but I swore by it (and got 100 on that exam). The professors essentially teach directly from that text, so for me it was easier to learn directly from the source. It's very well written, concise, and helps drive home the important points. Many people used Vander's for renal, but I didn't get it. I felt that professor (Dr. Peterson) did an excellent job with this unit and his notes and powerpoints were all I needed to understand the information. I didn't use BRS for physio, but I know it really helped a lot of people.

For neuro, I would definitely recommend the Haines atlas. It's really helpful in learning the anatomy and some of the images are used directly on exams. I also borrowed Purves from a friend for a couple of chapters I needed extra work on, but I personally don't think it was essential for getting by in the course.

I know some people who bought and used all of the textbooks for every course and some who used none at all. You can always use books from the library and then buy the book if you feel you really need it.

Members don't see this ad :)
This has all been very helpful. Thanks everyone! For the record, Drake has been giving us tips and advice since Day 1. He says it as it is. The way I see it, it is better to go in knowing you have to earn a spot in CMS than viewing it as a guarantee.

Are the old tests in pdf format or what? Since it only goes 3 years back can you guys share with us your test? Thanks :)

This has all been very helpful. Thanks everyone! For the record, Drake has been giving us tips and advice since Day 1. He says it as it is. The way I see it, it is better to go in knowing you have to earn a spot in CMS than viewing it as a guarantee.

Are the old tests in pdf format or what? Since it only goes 3 years back can you guys share with us your test? Thanks :)

Ask your OA...they will have plenty

CMS is limited to 185 students. Let's say there are at least 40 (there might be more?) M1a students (former BMS) in the next CMS class. Is CMS "ok" with this per se. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with a CMS spot, it's a US MD school!

Is it just the way the rest of the world basically works?

Many groups seek to promote internally before externally.

In general, how does CMS feel about having "so many" former BMS people in their class.

Is it because CMS isn't as desirable to people who could get into "higher tier" schools like Harvard, Yale, Hopkins, etc? Do many non BSMers accepted to CMS and later accepted to other schools frequently abandon CMS for other schools? If so, that leaves lots of room for BSMers.

I have been a long time reader here, and I agree that Drake has given a lot of good advice. Everyone has to earn their spot in CMS and earning it doesn't mean getting all A's. I'm sure many of you will see that you need to work really hard to earn a B in these classes. Getting A's and B's in medical school courses is NOT easy. You will need to work hard and do so every day. If you can do this, it will pay off in the end. There are no guarantees in this program. You cannot control the admissions committee's actions; all you can control is the amount of work you put in.

The old exams are in PDF format and are posted on d2l for the respective courses. There are older exams floating around, but the most recent ones are usually the most relevant. If you can answer the questions on the ones given, you are in a good position going into the exam. I used the really old ones only if I was struggling with some of the more recent exams. It's always best to do as many old questions as you can though, because you'll see what points are emphasized over and over again. Some of the older exams were clearly written by different professors though and are irrelevent, so for that reason I personally think it's better to pay mor attention to the more recent ones.

! For the record, Drake has been giving us tips and advice since Day 1. He says it as it is. The way I see it, it is better to go in knowing you have to earn a spot in CMS than viewing it as a guarantee.

This is important because if you snag A's early on, it reduces your stress a lot about later exams. In my opinion, this program isn't about competition. It is just about 1) proving that you can handle the difficulty of medical school classes along with a bunch of filler classes (tips & hcam) to see if we can handle the course load. 2) show that we are at least normal people and not awkward.

If you look at the M1 grades for the tests we took, you see some pretty low scores there in the failing range. Whether they just didn't like medicine or couldn't handle it. From an administrative position I can understand how they would trust a hard-working straight B who put an extra year in BMS to get in over those people.

If you look at the M1 grades for the tests we took, you see some pretty low scores there in the failing range. Whether they just didn't like medicine or couldn't handle it. From an administrative position I can understand how they would trust a hard-working straight B who put an extra year in BMS to get in over those people.

The stats includes all students, BMS/ M1s / grad students. So students in the failing range could be also BMS/ other departments.

I wouldn't say that TIPs is a filler course, it is pretty difficult. But all the exams were similar to old exams which made it straightforward. For the December exam and reproductive exam in Tips...it was exactly the same with the exception of the couple of questions Dr. Sackin added and Dr. Flores' questions (which was a new topic). For the reprodcutive exam it was all the same except 2 new quetsions.

Also, in my opinion, cell bio / biochem are the two most straightfwd courses and they are the ones you take first. Cell bio is probably the most straightfwd. So try to get As in those 2 courses b/c if you don't I find it hard to believe you will get As in physio / neuro.

Neuro for me was by far the hardest probably b/c I never took it in undergrad and there was an insane amt of work.

Can anyone offer an age range or average age for BMSers? I'm 28 and in the long run age doesn't really matter, but I am curious.

They didn't give us age range but avg. age was ~24

Does anyone know when they will send acceptances for the BMS 2011 recently?
I have been told that I will receive the decision by mail the end of this week.

is this a guaranteed admission like some post-bac bridge programs following successful completion of Masters?

is this a guaranteed admission like some post-bac bridge programs following successful completion of Masters?

Nothing is guaranteed. But if you perform well I believe that things come together.

Just wanted to thank all former BMSers for their invaluable advice and insight into this amazing program. Congrats to all who gained acceptance to CMS!!!

Do any of the BMSers have part-time jobs or is there even time to fit in a part-time job (10-20 hours a week)? I realize the requirement and importance of optimizing study time.

Any future BMS student looking for roommates mayhaps? Male student here from MD looking for someone in the program to possibly room with come August in Woodlands. Email me at [email protected] if interested please!

Does anyone know when is the next round of decision being sent out?
I applied all the way back in March, got a completion email Apr 25th, had a mix up in terms of my prereq courses, got that sorted out and now waiting again. It's been utterly frustrating as this is the only school that has yet to reply.
Anyone know when I should expect a reply?

Can anyone comment on my chances?
GPA (sGPA): 3.2 (3.2)
Mcat 32R
MSc. with lots of pubs
and all the premed generic stuff.
Thanks

Does anyone know if Woodlands apartments are good for housing?
I am an incomming BMS student.
Thanks.

Is there a Facebook page for the 2012 BMS students? I am not able to find it!

Does anyone know when is the next round of decision being sent out?
I applied all the way back in March, got a completion email Apr 25th, had a mix up in terms of my prereq courses, got that sorted out and now waiting again. It's been utterly frustrating as this is the only school that has yet to reply.
Anyone know when I should expect a reply?

Can anyone comment on my chances?
GPA (sGPA): 3.2 (3.2)
Mcat 32R
MSc. with lots of pubs
and all the premed generic stuff.
Thanks

You dont stand a chance!!!!!

kidding..... imho your stats are good enough for MD admission so as long as there are seats available in the program you should be good.
Best of luck:thumbup:

I worked about 12-15 hours a week, although some weeks were more and some less depending on school workload. I am self-employed though and can make my own hours, so it was easy for me to work around my academic schedule. For example, I worked closer to 20hr/week during CMCB and biochem and then didn't work at all for the last half of neuroscience. I don't think very many others had jobs. I would DEFINITELY wait and see how the first few weeks or exams go for you before trying to get a job. First and foremost, BMS year is about getting into medical school and you don't want anything to jeopardize that.

Do any of the BMSers have part-time jobs or is there even time to fit in a part-time job (10-20 hours a week)? I realize the requirement and importance of optimizing study time.

The stats includes all students, BMS/ M1s / grad students. So students in the failing range could be also BMS/ other departments.

I wouldn't say that TIPs is a filler course, it is pretty difficult. But all the exams were similar to old exams which made it straightforward. For the December exam and reproductive exam in Tips...it was exactly the same with the exception of the couple of questions Dr. Sackin added and Dr. Flores' questions (which was a new topic). For the reprodcutive exam it was all the same except 2 new quetsions.

Also, in my opinion, cell bio / biochem are the two most straightfwd courses and they are the ones you take first. Cell bio is probably the most straightfwd. So try to get As in those 2 courses b/c if you don't I find it hard to believe you will get As in physio / neuro.

Neuro for me was by far the hardest probably b/c I never took it in undergrad and there was an insane amt of work.
For tips I thought it was challenging at the very beginning. Then the last two exams the professors got lazy and everyone scored like 95+. I think neuro is definitely the hardest class to get an A in. As for physio, it really depends on your style. If you are less of a memorizer and more conceptual, then I think you will really enjoy that class over CMCB and Biochem. I felt like crying when I saw how much I had to memorize in neuro a couple days before the exam.

can someone tell me the books we might be using for the courses?
the courses are on the website but the books are not.
also, does anyone know where we can find the calendar for the academic year?

can someone tell me the books we might be using for the courses?
the courses are on the website but the books are not.
also, does anyone know where we can find the calendar for the academic year?

I bought texts on half.com - in my opinion the best website and you don't have bid/wait like ebay. It is an ebay afifliatied site.

Books you will absolutely need

-Haines Neuroanatomy - get the newest edition on half.com

Books that are useful

-BRS physiology - depending on the topic you may or may not have time to read it

-Respiratory Physiology by J.B. West - profs/ students say it is absolutely requried but I felt was very difficult to read. I felt there were sufficient notes and lecture notes already. I tried to read it several times and just gave up.

-Lippincott's biochemistry - useful if you have time. I read it for the first unit on nutrition / energetics and that was it. For bicoehm there were only 2 questions the entire year directly from the textbook. One you could have answered without textbook knowledge, the other question you needed but Dr. Harrison told us specifically to read those 3 pgs of the textbook because he hinted in class there would be a question from those readings.

Everything else

Just borrow from the library. I bought some of the HCAM textbooks beacvu i didn't want to go back and forth to the library to get the books.

In general reading the texts takes away time you could spend reading what actually matters - the lecture notes / lecture slides.

thanks so much drake!
i just finished my AMCAS
but im debating on whether to apply to other schools or
just for RFU... :(

Anyone hear anything from/about admissions?

Things like seats left, etc. I hope I get in! I already have a clinical lab job and I probably will never enter a US MD without this or BU MAMS, etc.

I got an email listing items they haven't received but they were in transit and should be there by now.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Just knew that I got accepted for August 2011 BMS.
I'm wondering how to apply form on campus housing and if there are some availabilities.

Good luck for the ones who are waiting. Hang in there guys and Hope for the best. I know it's not fun to wait. I have been there.

Hi Guys,

Just knew that I got accepted for August 2011 BMS.
I'm wondering how to apply form on campus housing and if there are some availabilities.

Good luck for the ones who are waiting. Hang in there guys and Hope for the best. I know it's not fun to wait. I have been there.

Did you get an email saying your application was complete and under review?

Do they email acceptance notices or do you get just a package/letter in the mail?

Congrats! Hope to join you all in the Fall.

Did you get an email saying your application was complete and under review?

Do they email acceptance notices or do you get just a package/letter in the mail?

Congrats! Hope to join you all in the Fall.

Hi Saint Raphael,

Q1: June 1st.
Q2: They send you packages.

Hang in there buddy. Good Luck.

Does anyone know if there are some availabilities remaining for a 1 bedroom/1bath on-campus?
What is the usual rent for those?
Are all utility bills included?
Does one get a meal-plan for an on-campus student?

Any pointer will be helpful. Thanks

Does anyone know if there are some availabilities remaining for a 1 bedroom/1bath on-campus?
What is the usual rent for those?
Are all utility bills included?
Does one get a meal-plan for an on-campus student?

Any pointer will be helpful. Thanks

There might not be availabilities with the student housing but i'm sure that there are still units open at The Woodlands. I lived in student housing so all I know is that all I had to concern myself with in terms of utilities was electricity.
I think utilities are slightly different at the Woodlands.

If you haven't put yourself on the housing waitlist, I suggest you should. I was on there and a week or so later even though "all spots were full" I still managed to get a 1 br/1 bath!
There is no meal plan!

ditto with what kaoha said.
I was on the waitinglist and
just got an email few days ago that
I was provided with 1bad/1bath dorm.
since our program is about 10 months, i got into a 10 month contract,
it stands about $1,000/month

ditto with what kaoha said.
I was on the waitinglist and
just got an email few days ago that
I was provided with 1bad/1bath dorm.
since our program is about 10 months, i got into a 10 month contract,
it stands about $1,000/month

I have tried to fill the online form but there is a glitch in the university's server. I got an email stating to keep checking. I hope I can put myself on the waiting list soon enough. I don't hear good reviews and positive feedbacks on Woodlands.

Hi! I have a 2bdr/1 bath apartment at the Woodlands (5 min walk to school), total rent $1090/month (so your rent will be around $545). Does not include electric and heat. I will be an M2 next year (used to be BMS so I know what you'll go through) and I'm looking for a clean, quiet female roommate. PM me if you're interested.

Anyone selling his/her BMS books?
PM please.

I'm selling Berg's Biochemistry, Mo. Bio of the Cell, the other CMCB textbook, the Levy Physiology textbook, and Purves for $120 OBO.

Just got the acceptance package :) Time to make some decisions...