Rosalind Franklin University College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It took the school 4 days to send me an email in regards to them receiving my application. Another 10 days to consider my application complete and an additional 10 days to send a interview invite. Just be patient they will get in contact with you in due time. Keep in mind the holidays will screw up their reply time as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I was curious.
Is there a stigma if I were to ask to reschedule the interview date they had planned for me? I am really not sure I can make it on their specified date, but am afraid they will put me in the back of the list or count me as uninterested completely in their program, like I have heard some schools do if you do not accept the date they offer to you.. :( Help!

I couldn't do the date they specified because I had an exam that day and my professor wasn't willing to let me take it on another day. I asked if I could attend an interview in January but they said they didn't have dates set up yet. I haven't heard back and got the email blast asking to confirm my date, I sent a reply stating my previous situation just in case. If I hear back or anything, I'll let you know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't do the date they specified because I had an exam that day and my professor wasn't willing to let me take it on another day. I asked if I could attend an interview in January but they said they didn't have dates set up yet. I haven't heard back and got the email blast asking to confirm my date, I sent a reply stating my previous situation just in case. If I hear back or anything, I'll let you know.
Thank you very much! I actually called them earlier this morning and they told me I would have to send an email as well, and that the only date they believed they had left was January 19th. :( Here's hoping though!

Of the accepted students who plans to attend this fall? I was accepted and I have until the 19th to pay the deposit. I am still waiting to hear from Midwestern and Chicago State............

Of the accepted students who plans to attend this fall? I was accepted and I have until the 19th to pay the deposit. I am still waiting to hear from Midwestern and Chicago State............

I just paid my deposit today. I am still waiting on a couple schools too but I don't interview until February and I didn't want to risk not receiving acceptance.

I do really like this school! The program seemed really organized. And the staff were so helpful!

How was the interview process like for those of you who have already interviewed?

How was the interview process like for those of you who have already interviewed?

it was really laid back. it was a one on one conversation with a professor and it was conversational about why you want to be a pharmacist and what your interests are and a couple ethical questions

Hey guys. Do you mind telling me how long did it take for your application to go from "complete" to the interview invitation? Because my application is said to be complete on 11/6/2013 and i got an email today ( 11/17/2013) saying that it is under consideration with the committee. I am wondering approximately when I will know if I will be given an interview.

Thank you very much!!

I just paid my deposit today. I am still waiting on a couple schools too but I don't interview until February and I didn't want to risk not receiving acceptance.
How do you go about sending in the $500 deposit. I just confirmed my seat, but I don't have a HelixNetID to pay online. Do I just have to send it through mail?

i just followed the link online and paid through that, but i didnt have a HelixNetID account of any sort. i bet you could send in a money order or check too. how long do you have until its due?

Hi All

I got an email from rfums pharmacy saying at this time my application remains under consideration. Anyone else get this one ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All

I got an email from rfums pharmacy saying at this time my application remains under consideration. Anyone else get this one ?

Thanks
Yes, I did. I have gotten like 3 of these similar emails. I wonder when they will make a decision -_-

Thank you, Sammieger for your prompt reply. I am still puzzled as to what this means. May be it means I am wait-listed. The word 'remains' kind of threw me off. Lets hope it means something good :) If other people also received this email, please let me know what was the outcome so far. Thank you in advance.

Thank you

I prefer to thinking positively. I will say it means that they are still reviewing many applications and yet get to ours. I hope this is what is happening. To who are accepted or applying, did you guys get similar emails before?

I have heard anything from them. I turned my pharmcas on 12/21/13. I wonder how much longer?

Hi All

Thanks
When did you send PharmCAS?

If you're getting that e-mail multiple times and haven't interviewed yet, I would guess it means that they've selected. New round of interview candidates, but you'll remain in the stack until they select some more candidates next time.

For me the whole process (was the same for every school I applied to) was like this ..

Completed application early fall.

School e-mails to say its complete.

A day or so later an e-mail arrives saying "your application is under serious consideration."

A day or so later, the interview invite arrives, it's roughly two weeks out. (I wouldn't suggest "rescheduling" it this late into the process, or really ever for that matter, if you want to go to pharmacy school bad enough, you'll make this your only priority that day).

Interview happens.

Was called about 2 days later and told I was accepted, this was early October.

If you apply early, things happen faster, a bulk of the 1,200+ applications are filtering in during December and January. They only select about 200 people tops for interviews to fill the

Hi All

Thanks

Ya got that too

Hi everyone!

I had an interview on the 7th of January and I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TODAY! good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to you guys that just were accepted! Are you paying the deposit or still waiting on other schools?

Hello! To those of you who interviewed with Rosalind Franklin, how was it?
Can you provide me with any advice? Tips? Suggestions?
Please and THANK YOU!

Sure. So it's an open file 1 on 1 interview, the questions vary depending on what you put on your pharmcas. Took them 6 days to reply with a decision.

Overall: easy interview, easy writing response.

What time does the interview end and what kind of questions should I expect?

Hi All,

I am going to interview on 28th January, 2014. Is there a writing sample involved ?

I also noticed the interview day last for a few hours, and the actual interview is probably not more than 45 minutes, what did you guys do for the rest of the time ?

Also any interesting questions you encountered besides why pharmacy, why RFUMS ?

Your help is truly appreciated.

There's an introduction, a writing sample, a break, lunch, and a tour.

Hi All,

I am going to interview on 28th January, 2014. Is there a writing sample involved ?

I also noticed the interview day last for a few hours, and the actual interview is probably not more than 45 minutes, what did you guys do for the rest of the time ?

Also any interesting questions you encountered besides why pharmacy, why RFUMS ?

Your help is truly appreciated.

Yes there is a writing sample, if you know anything about healthcare you'll do fine on it.

They majority of the day is spent hanging out with people at the school mostly, and fellow interviewees.

My interview was about 30 mins, I was asked about 4 questions.

The first question was a very interesting question about something unique I put on my application that I'm guessing most professional programs have never seen. A risky move, but it worked for me.

Got interview invite just yesterday!!!!! confirmed today! ;) scheduled for feb. 4th!!

My interview is on the 28th as well! I'll see you then!

February 4th!!!!! yay!
Now, what should I wear to the interview lol

How do you go about sending in the $500 deposit. I just confirmed my seat, but I don't have a HelixNetID to pay online. Do I just have to send it through mail?
A friend of mine took the payment himself

Sure. So it's an open file 1 on 1 interview, the questions vary depending on what you put on your pharmcas. Took them 6 days to reply with a decision.

Overall: easy interview, easy writing response.
how formal was everyone dressed?

Anybody who interviewed on January 28, 2014 heard back yet ? The wait is killing me !

I interviewed on feb 4th. Just got my acceptance today! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Also interviewed on feb 4th. Got my acceptance on Tuesday!!!
Can't wait!

Anyone interview on February 21st?
When did you receive your invite and how many days after you submitted pharmcas?
SOmeone just submitted a week ago, so we're kinda trying to find out how soon they'll receive invite.
Thank you!

When did you receive your invite and how many days after you submitted pharmcas?
SOmeone just submitted a week ago, so we're kinda trying to find out how soon they'll receive invite.
Thank you!

I submitted pharmcas on Dec 2nd and got the invite on Jan 15th.

Anyone who interviewed on Feb 21st heard back yet?

I know that RFU extended their deadline to apply to today, which means that their interview cycles should run later than other Illinois schools. I applied back in early January and only received an email on February 5th saying that they received my application and that my file is currently being processed. I haven't heard anything since. For those of you who interviewed, did you apply this late and receive notice? Do you think this is an indication that I wasn't considered, or that they are just taking their sweet time?