Program-Specific Info / Q's Rush University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mull015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an interview at RU yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have not! Keep me updated if you hear from them :)

I have an interview at Rush later this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the email invitation on October 23rd.

University: University of Central Florida
Major: Early Childhood Education
Overall GPA: 3.78
Prerequisites: completing most prerequisites now or in the spring. In the end, my pre-req GPA will probably be in the 3.4 - 3.6 range depending on the school.
GRE: verbal 157, quantitive 153, writing 4.5

Volunteer: 70 Hours observation hours. Handwriting Summer Camp (15 hours), Subacute Rehab Facility (47 hours), and Hospital Inpatient Rehab and Acute (8 hours)

Wow we have really similar stats.
Hopefully they contact me soon :sick:

Congrats and let us know how it goes!

I just received an email today inviting me to interview in a couple weeks! :biglove:

Thanks! I'm hoping you get an email soon too!!!!
I'm sending good luck your way :joyful:

Thanks! I'm hoping you get an email soon too!!!!
I'm sending good luck your way :joyful:

Thanks!!!! I'm really hoping I get an interview - I really like their program. But my gpa is on the low side so I'm not getting my hopes up. Good luck at your interview!! Let us know how it goes!!!

Did you guys all apply early admission? I applied on the 17th or so, which was a little bit later

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully you'll hear in a few weeks!
Good luck!!!!

I got an interview as well. Received the email a few days ago. Mine will be in the middle of December.

University: University Nevada Las Vegas/Boyd School of Law
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.56
GRE: Verbal 157; Quantitative 153; Writing 4
Volunteer/Observation: 233 Hours observation hours. Pediatric OT/Hippotherapy (213 hours), Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital (20 hours)
Work Experience: 600+ hours Mental Health Technician at the state Psychiatric Hospital, 100+ hrs Basic skills training/Psychosocial rehabilitation working with at risk youth and children with developmental delays, and years of art experience

I got an interview as well. Received the email a few days ago. Mine will be in the middle of December.

University: University Nevada Las Vegas/Boyd School of Law
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.56
GRE: Verbal 157; Quantitative 153; Writing 4
Volunteer/Observation: 233 Hours observation hours. Pediatric OT/Hippotherapy (213 hours), Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital (20 hours)
Work Experience: 600+ hours Mental Health Technician at the state Psychiatric Hospital, 100+ hrs Basic skills training/Psychosocial rehabilitation working with at risk youth and children with developmental delays, and years of art experience

When did your application get verified?

I just got an invite for a group interview in January! Would anyone who has interviewed with them be willing to share any info about what to expect at the group interview? I would really appreciate it. I'm getting nervous already.

Does anyone have any insight about Rush? It's hard to tell from their website too much about the program. Thanks!

I have an interview at Rush later this month.
Do you have any advice or insight to share about the interview? From what I have read (though it's a few years old), their interviews are pretty formal and intense.

I have an interview on Friday! Has anyone heard more about what their interview process is like? I heard it is a group interview and that everyone is asked to answer the same questions.

Has anyone heard from Rush lately?
I have an interview on Friday! Has anyone heard more about what their interview process is like? I heard it is a group interview and that everyone is asked to answer the same questions.

Melissa, that is correct. There were 5 people in my interview and we would just go around and each answer every question they asked.

OT Guy, everyone was very friendly and while the group interview seemed more formal than a one-on-one interview, I did not feel like it is was really intense, everyone was very laid back, welcoming, and it was conversational.

I have not heard back from Rush yet, and have chosen to attend another school, but if I recall correctly, they said decisions would be sent out in February

Melissa, that is correct. There were 5 people in my interview and we would just go around and each answer every question they asked.

OT Guy, everyone was very friendly and while the group interview seemed more formal than a one-on-one interview, I did not feel like it is was really intense, everyone was very laid back, welcoming, and it was conversational.

I have not heard back from Rush yet, and have chosen to attend another school, but if I recall correctly, they said decisions would be sent out in February
Congrats on your acceptance. I interviewed at Rush earlier this month but have not heard back yet. Best of luck in your program!

My interview is also tomorrow! Good luck to you :)

I just received my acceptance from Rush today!!

Congrats!! Me too! Will you be attending Rush??
Thanks, congrats to you as well! I am not sure whether I will be attending Rush. I am impressed with their program but I live in Colorado and am still waiting on CSU to announce acceptances. I also applied at VCU and was accepted. In light of these things I don't know where I will end up.

Last edited:
I got my email acceptance to Rush yesterday, also. I will not be attending though. Instead I'm going to start the OTD program at Belmont in August. Congrats everyone!

Hi everyone! I got accepted to Rush and will be attending their program in the summer. Has anyone else confirmed their acceptance? If so, I would love to get to know my future classmates. I'm new to Chicago so I don't know many people here yet.

Best of luck!

Hi everyone! I got accepted to Rush and will be attending their program in the summer. Has anyone else confirmed their acceptance? If so, I would love to get to know my future classmates. I'm new to Chicago so I don't know many people here yet.

Best of luck!

I will be attending Rush this summer as well!

Hey all, I will also be attending Rush this summer! Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Question- I think I remember from the interview day that they said classes are only on Monday-Thursday. Am I remembering correctly, or did I make that up?

Hey all, I will also be attending Rush this summer! Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Question- I think I remember from the interview day that they said classes are only on Monday-Thursday. Am I remembering correctly, or did I make that up?

I don't think you made it up! I'm pretty sure classes are only Monday - Thursday :)
I can't wait!

I don't think you made it up! I'm pretty sure classes are only Monday - Thursday :)
I can't wait!
Thanks for confirming! Just received the course schedule..oh, and as I'm writing this post, getting more emails from them :) So excited!

Hey everyone!

For those of you who were accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?

And for those of you attending, how has it been so far?!

Hey everyone!

For those of you who were accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?

And for those of you attending, how has it been so far?!

applying this cycle, but i haven't heard anyone mention receiving interview invites as of now. i went to their info session and i believe they said the average was 311-313 GRE anad i think 3.75 GPA w/ averaging at least 100 hours OT volunteer/shadow

Hi! I just received an interview invitation for Rush and was wondering if anyone knows around how many they interview and how many they choose from that group?

I just received an interview with Rush today.

@sharklee I interviewed at Rush on 11/20 and was accepted the following week! There were 32 people at my interview, and they said a similar number would be at the following three interview dates. They told us most of us would get waitlisted initially, but typically half of their final class will come from that waitlist. So about 50% of the people they offer acceptance letters to will choose to go somewhere else which helps the people on the waitlist. Let me know if you have anymore questions! :)

My interview is coming up on the 8th. Any tips? Do they ask about current news in OT? There is no writing assignment, right?

@AspiringOT11 My interviewers did not ask about either of those things, but there were three groups of interviews happening at once so there might have been questions like that happening in another room! There was no writing assignment, but there was a group activity at the beginning of the interview.

@sharklee I interviewed at Rush on 11/20 and was accepted the following week! There were 32 people at my interview, and they said a similar number would be at the following three interview dates. They told us most of us would get waitlisted initially, but typically half of their final class will come from that waitlist. So about 50% of the people they offer acceptance letters to will choose to go somewhere else which helps the people on the waitlist. Let me know if you have anymore questions! :)

@OTwah thanks! that's so helpful. It's my first OT interview and my first group interview ever so I'm so nervous! :eek: Do you have any tips on how to prepare for the interview? What kinds of questions do they ask and how specific/formal is it? Eek and congrats on your acceptance! :) :)

Does anyone know if Rush has completed all of the interviews?