Rutgers GSBS MBS 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Introduction to Structural Biology (1 credit), Fundamentals of Biomedical Sciences Part A (requirement; 3 credits), Fundamentals of Pharmacology (3 credits), Principles of Toxicology (3 credits)...so i would bring in 10 credits for this semester and another 10 for the spring so that I can apply to medical schools with 20 credits.

btw is anyone else here a little nervous? i guess it feels like a completely different ball game and I'm lost as to how to feel about this

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking Introduction to Structural Biology (1 credit), Fundamentals of Biomedical Sciences Part A (requirement; 3 credits), Fundamentals of Pharmacology (3 credits), Principles of Toxicology (3 credits)...so i would bring in 10 credits for this semester and another 10 for the spring so that I can apply to medical schools with 20 credits.

btw is anyone else here a little nervous? i guess it feels like a completely different ball game and I'm lost as to how to feel about this
Yea same here and Im taking the same classes except one. Im just trying to get in touch with a mentor so I can figure out my research rotation.

im contacting garrett....he gets to his emails pretty quickly and helped me when i was late in applying (applied in july :inpain:)

Members don't see this ad :)
how many classes is everyone taking? are you guys going to be working/shadowing/volunteering while taking classes?

I'm trying to do it in one year, so 4 each semester with research

speaking of which - how are you guys finding research advisors?

i don't know if anyone got into contact yet with an advisor....i still haven't heard back from Dr. Garrett. Do you think they will be more helpful in the orientation tomorrow?

I think im going
immuno/neuro/pharm/fundamentals A/seminar/research
14cr

Hi everyone! I'm was accepted in the dental scholars program and I just got to Rutgers for orientation. Anyone else as excited as I am for it?!

Hi everyone! I'm was accepted in the dental scholars program and I just got to Rutgers for orientation. Anyone else as excited as I am for it?!
i ammm!! but i am also really nervous....i always hear stories of grad school being completely different from undergrad but i think it's because i feel alone in this since i haven't met anyone yet lol

so lets see all we have to bring tomorrow is the parking permit and two forms of id correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
i ammm!! but i am also really nervous....i always hear stories of grad school being completely different from undergrad but i think it's because i feel alone in this since i haven't met anyone yet lol

Yay!!! It's okay, I haven't met anyone yet either so you're not alone! We'll both probably meet a ton of people at orientation tomorrow. To answer your question, you are right: you need to bring ID and one other form of identification. I'm also bringing a mini-notebook. Which track are you doing?

Yay!!! It's okay, I haven't met anyone yet either so you're not alone! We'll both probably meet a ton of people at orientation tomorrow. To answer your question, you are right: you need to bring ID and one other form of identification. I'm also bringing a mini-notebook. Which track are you doing?

I'm doing the medical scholars track...what about you?

Dental. You couldn't tell by the dmd in my username? S'okay though, we can still be friends
it could have been eld followed by md :)......btw I'm really confused about this stupid email. i go to manage my email and i see that i have a delivery email account with a gsbs.rutgers.edu but how do i access it?

i know I'm sounding ******ed, but this stupid email is frustrating me right now

it could have been eld followed by md :)......btw I'm really confused about this stupid email. i go to manage my email and i see that i have a delivery email account with a gsbs.rutgers.edu but how do i access it?

I have no idea. From where are you seeing that??

I think I've just figured it out. Try going to mail.umdnj.edu. That should give you sign-in access.

i just figured it out....go to http://my.rbhs.rutgers.edu ..... sign in......click on the email icon (right side) and click one of the two options they give you (i had to unblock the pop-ups on my laptop)....go through and saw the emails they sent us so far

for your @gsbs.rutgers.edu, you have to go through myportal.rutgers.edu or through mail.rbhs.rutgers.edu because it is used to transfer confidential PHI

When do the classes start?

I am going to reach out tomorrow to see if there is any chance of possibly getting in. Long shot and super late, I know, but it will be worth asking .

Are you staying at 15 Washington? I just got an email today about check-in. I thought it was on the 9th but the email said check-in for rbhs students was the 23rd? o_O

When do the classes start?

I am going to reach out tomorrow to see if there is any chance of possibly getting in. Long shot and super late, I know, but it will be worth asking .

Start date for the classes vary. I know quite a few of them start late August and go through December. Some start in September or October and some of them even end early in October or November. You should call them and ask if you can still apply. I know the deadline on the website said 6/30 but you never know.

Start date for the classes vary. I know quite a few of them start late August and go through December. Some start in September or October and some of them even end early in October or November. You should call them and ask if you can still apply. I know the deadline on the website said 6/30 but you never know.

Will do ! Thank you for replying! I only thought of it because I saw an individual up there posted they applied in July. Do I need LORs for the app? I can have my professors forward them if needed I was just going to give them a quick heads up tomorrow.

Will do ! Thank you for replying! I only thought of it because I saw an individual up there posted they applied in July. Do I need LORs for the app? I can have my professors forward them if needed I was just going to give them a quick heads up tomorrow.

You need 2 LORS. If admissions tells you that they're still accepting apps then go ahead and apply! A tip though, once they've sent you the info to allow you to upload additional documents, upload your test score right away. I sent them an official score only for them to tell me that they couldn't accept that format but a scanned copy would do. Just helping you speed up the process a bit more. What track are you interested in pursuing?

You need 2 LORS. If admissions tells you that they're still accepting apps then go ahead and apply! A tip though, once they've sent you the info to allow you to upload additional documents, upload your test score right away. I sent them an official score only for them to tell me that they couldn't accept that format but a scanned copy would do. Just helping you speed up the process a bit more. What track are you interested in pursuing?

The dental scholars program!

I am messaging you (hope that is okay)

yea i applied mid july ..somewhere around that time. I emailed stephen garrett (i am doing the medical scholars program) and he gave me a pdf of the application to print out, fill out, and send it. get all your stuff together now...as in you 2 LORS, DAT, personal statement, and transcripts (if you took summer classes at a different school- include them too). email the advisor with your credentials in the same email so that you speed things up (he asked me about my cgpa, sgpa, and MCAT score) and then go from there. if anything you can apply for the spring semester and have all your stuff in already

Hey everybody -- It's been a year so I wanted to revive this thread. Are you all able to provide feedback regarding how your experience in the program so far has been, and if you've gained any insight on the actual chance of getting the interview/admissions to their medschool?

Myself and a few of my friends are looking into whether we should apply for the post-back or go to the Caribbean's.

Hey everybody -- It's been a year so I wanted to revive this thread. Are you all able to provide feedback regarding how your experience in the program so far has been, and if you've gained any insight on the actual chance of getting the interview/admissions to their medschool?

Myself and a few of my friends are looking into whether we should apply for the post-back or go to the Caribbean's.

When would you be applying for?

med scholars is great, and a few of my classmates have gotten in to NJMS and a bunch have gotten interviews elsewhere. The program is taught by the med school faculty using the same curriculum.

piscataway has the advantage of a linkage, but I've heard that people prefer newark med scholars more

the percentage is low, but you have the opportunity to interview in the spring for the FALL incoming class
i.e. if you started in 2015, you could potentially matriculate in 2016 and NOT have to wait a full year

the caveat is that the % is very small, and you would be interviewing after most of the spots have been already filled. more details are on the program website

What do you mean by linkage?

med scholars is great, and a few of my classmates have gotten in to NJMS and a bunch have gotten interviews elsewhere. The program is taught by the med school faculty using the same curriculum.

piscataway has the advantage of a linkage, but I've heard that people prefer newark med scholars more

Hi tetley, can you talk a bit more about why people prefer the Newark MBS more? I'm trying to decide between Newark and Piscataway.

did you get in to both? because that does matter

Well congratulations! The Piscataway one is a lot more challenging to get in to.

So here's the main difference: Piscataway has a linkage where you could potentially matriculate the SAME year you finish. But only a few people do it, so your best bet would be to speak to the dean there, Dr. Copeland about it. She is very vey nice and willing to talk to students (I'm guessing even more so if you are already accepted to the program).

Piscataway is safer than Newark, but Newark is closer to NYC, if that is important to you. (Piscataway is also a college town.)

Academics: I can't really say anything about Piscataway, but the Newark program is (in a good way) rigorous. The classes are taught by the NJMS faculty, and there are a lot of options for research. If you want, you can also take a class in the medical school, with the med students. (I'm pretty sure you can even transfer the credit).

If I think of anything else, I will let you know. You can also PM me if you have questions!

Well congratulations! The Piscataway one is a lot more challenging to get in to.

So here's the main difference: Piscataway has a linkage where you could potentially matriculate the SAME year you finish. But only a few people do it, so your best bet would be to speak to the dean there, Dr. Copeland about it. She is very vey nice and willing to talk to students (I'm guessing even more so if you are already accepted to the program).

Piscataway is safer than Newark, but Newark is closer to NYC, if that is important to you. (Piscataway is also a college town.)

Academics: I can't really say anything about Piscataway, but the Newark program is (in a good way) rigorous. The classes are taught by the NJMS faculty, and there are a lot of options for research. If you want, you can also take a class in the medical school, with the med students. (I'm pretty sure you can even transfer the credit).

If I think of anything else, I will let you know. You can also PM me if you have questions!
Hello,

I was just accepted into the MBS program at Piscataway. Do you know how many people who receive the guaranteed interview at Rutgers actually matriculate there?

I got accepted to Dental Scholars for fall 2018. I had two questions: 1) Which class should I take Dental Histology or Dental Neuroscience? 2) How many of you who finished masters got accepted to dental schools, where, what year after finishing, and what were your stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.