RVU MSBS 2021-22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea it must be Dr.Towne- if so she is the PD for the entire MSBS curriculum and I had a meeting with her too! She is very lovely and sweet and can answer any questions you have including the one you asked me! It's like a comfortable interview kinda no pressure or anything just relax and ask about!
I would definitely take the interview time to use as a network to help you get into the program as it is kinda competitive with only around 32 seats. So it would not hurt to look over your application and what not!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, if you were given a choice between two campuses, which one would you choose?

I’m from California (LA area), so Utah is significantly closer than Denver. But I also understand that Colorado campus is more established, more urban, etc.
Is there any disadvantage of choosing Utah? Because right now I really really like Ivins campus. It just seems everyone here is choosing Denver if they have such opportunitiy.

thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! So I submitted my application and it was verified on November 2nd. I am super anxious because I haven't heard back and the rest of you heard back within 2-3 weeks. I am assuming if you weren't acceptable or waitlisted they would let you know but I haven't heard anything. I emailed the admissions office last week and haven't heard back. I was wondering if you guys had any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, if you were given a choice between two campuses, which one would you choose?

I’m from California (LA area), so Utah is significantly closer than Denver. But I also understand that Colorado campus is more established, more urban, etc.
Is there any disadvantage of choosing Utah? Because right now I really really like Ivins campus. It just seems everyone here is choosing Denver if they have such opportunitiy.

thank you!
I picked CO because of having the established campus and the rotations are great. I don't think you would be in trouble if you picked either campus! Both are great areas and represent a great school.

• Love
Hey guys! So I submitted my application and it was verified on November 2nd. I am super anxious because I haven't heard back and the rest of you heard back within 2-3 weeks. I am assuming if you weren't acceptable or waitlisted they would let you know but I haven't heard anything. I emailed the admissions office last week and haven't heard back. I was wondering if you guys had any advice?
I would wait until the end of the week and then give them a call on monday to ask about your application. Sometimes things get back tracked or it could be because of Thanksgiving so I would give them till the end of the week.

I would email Holly Baggot personally, she responds very fast.

Reactions: 1 users
No calls today?

Just found out I got in :) super excited!!!

• Love
  • Care
Waitlisted :(

Any new movement/acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted on Jan 25th to the Utah campus! I submitted my application on Jan 8th and was verified on Jan 19th.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if classes will be in person, specifically for the Utah campus?

Hey guys! So I just got invited to a zoom meeting this coming week for the Utah campus. I’m assuming it’s an interview haha. Is there anything I should know?? Also I’m surprised with how limited the seats are that they’re still giving out interviews

Hey guys! So I just got invited to a zoom meeting this coming week for the Utah campus. I’m assuming it’s an interview haha. Is there anything I should know?? Also I’m surprised with how limited the seats are that they’re still giving out interviews
For PostBacc and SMPs most kids don't panic till next month that they didnt get accepted so I think you are right on time! Its a casual II! Nothing to worry bout just know your application and why medicine!

For PostBacc and SMPs most kids don't panic till next month that they didnt get accepted so I think you are right on time! Its a casual II! Nothing to worry bout just know your application and why medicine!
Thanks for the info! I had it today and I think it went great. They were super friendly and helpful, Im hoping for the best

Thanks for the info! I had it today and I think it went great. They were super friendly and helpful, Im hoping for the best
Just curious- which campus did you apply to and how interviewed you if you remember?

Just curious- which campus did you apply to and how interviewed you if you remember?
So I put no preference on my app because I wasn’t sure how late I was (didn’t want to put a campus that was full and not be looked at). But Dr. Brooks and Holly from Utah interviewed me and it seemed like both campuses were available. I let them know that I was leaning more towards Utah though so let’s hope! They were awesome and made it super comfortable

Hey guys, so I submitted my app in January and I received an email from them stating that I did not meet the minimum requirements, which I took as a denial. But then today I received an email with a login to their application portal on myvista stating they have received my application through PostBacCAS? I’m not sure what this means. Anyone else have the same experience?

Hey guys, so I submitted my app in January and I received an email from them stating that I did not meet the minimum requirements, which I took as a denial. But then today I received an email with a login to their application portal on myvista stating they have received my application through PostBacCAS? I’m not sure what this means. Anyone else have the same experience?
I would try calling them and ask for clarification. They’ve had issues on their portal system for a hot minute.

I’m still on a waitlist for both campuses. This wait is killing me😫

I’m still on a waitlist for both campuses. This wait is killing me😫
I think you'll hear back in May or June but no idea! I would call and ask when to expect the WL to move.

I think you'll hear back in May or June but no idea! I would call and ask when to expect the WL to move.
I asked a month ago and they said they can’t give me any info regarding their waitlist. IDK why it’s such a secret haha

I think the WL is gonna move around May or June probs when the med school WL move so hang in there if this is your first choice!

Hey guys! Just wanted to join the party since I was also accepted last week at Utah campus! Did any of you guys apply to other SMP's?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Just wanted to join the party since I was also accepted last week at Utah campus! Did any of you guys apply to other SMP's?
Congrats! I did if you wanted to PM but this is my #1 runner so yea!

Hey guys! At the meeting today they talked about a GroupMe for MSBS students. Can anyone share the link to join? Thanks!! :)

Please post if you have it in here or on the fb group!

Oh, thanks! I'm in Utah campus so if anyone has that one still post please! :)

So figured id give a little update since I asked about the interview a little ago. I got accepted and was able to pick which campus so there’s still seats for those waiting! I picked the Utah campus and I’m super pumped!! I heard back exactly 2 weeks after my interview

• Love
So figured id give a little update since I asked about the interview a little ago. I got accepted and was able to pick which campus so there’s still seats for those waiting! I picked the Utah campus and I’m super pumped!! I heard back exactly 2 weeks after my interview
Welcome to the family!

I was super interested in applying to this program, but I noticed people were waitlisted earlier on in the process. If I submit my application now, what do you think my chances are? I really fell in love with their DO program, but it's a lot of money for this application.

I was super interested in applying to this program, but I noticed people were waitlisted earlier on in the process. If I submit my application now, what do you think my chances are? I really fell in love with their DO program, but it's a lot of money for this application.
I would say give it a try since the class is half full!

Gotcha! Remind me down the road(maybe in middle of December) if you would like and I could contact Dr.Towne and ask her to tell whoever runs the page to create a page for us!
I have a question. I applied a couple weeks. The supplemental application is now included in the PostBACApp. I am afraid I didn't write enough in those essay questions. Did you guys use the full 1400 characters for the essays? Or did you leave some space?

Thank you!!
Katie

Call the school and see if you can make any changes.
I have a question. I applied a week ago. The supplemental application is now included in the PostBACApp. I am afraid I didn't write enough in those essay questions. Did you guys use the full 1400 characters for the essays? Or did you leave some space? I definitely answered the questions, but I was definitely straight to the point. Do you think that will hurt me?

I have a question. I applied a couple weeks. The supplemental application is now included in the PostBACApp. I am afraid I didn't write enough in those essay questions. Did you guys use the full 1400 characters for the essays? Or did you leave some space?

Thank you!!
Katie
Hey- I believe the class is full not 100% sure tho. I don't think I used all of the space but some may have. I just submitted as early as possible. (Pro tip- don't include your real name on here :)) Feel free to PM me!

Hey- I believe the class is full not 100% sure tho. I don't think I used all of the space but some may have. I just submitted as early as possible. (Pro tip- don't include your real name on here :)) Feel free to PM me!
One of the people who wrote my recommendations has a colleague over at RVU and he said that they still have spots - that was about a a week ago though. Did you write anything in the Optional Box, after the required essays?

One of the people who wrote my recommendations has a colleague over at RVU and he said that they still have spots - that was about a a week ago though. Did you write anything in the Optional Box, after the required essays?
Gotcha thats good! And I don't recall tbh I don't think I did!

I have a question. I applied a week ago. The supplemental application is now included in the PostBACApp. I am afraid I didn't write enough in those essay questions. Did you guys use the full 1400 characters for the essays? Or did you leave some space? I definitely answered the questions, but I was definitely straight to the point. Do you think that will hurt me?
I used up all of the space for mine. I actually had to cut my essays down a lot to get them to fit. The reason I took up all the space was because my pre-health advisor always told us to use up as much space as possible to really expand on and answer the questions. This includes the little paragraphs you can write about your experiences/job experiences. I’m not sure if it really helps but according to her it does so I just followed her advice.

I also applied a week ago and my application has not been verified yet. I am getting worried. Has your application been verified?

Did anyone recently apply and get verified within a day?

I also applied a week ago and my application has not been verified yet. I am getting worried. Has your application been verified?
When I applied, it took almost two weeks for my application to get verified. I know some students that got verified within three days.