Salt in the Wound

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok..so I have 5 pre dec 1st interviews...today the only info I get is that i've been waitlisted at Marquette and Louisville...but wouldn't you know it..I dont have any acceptances...but i get the Air Force scholarship...i can afford to dental school, but still have no school!! what a mess! anyways...congrats to those who have acceptances...i envy you

Members don't see this ad.

Just remember, as much as it sucks, Dec. 1 is only 1 day in the cycle. Tons of the people posting acceptances here aren't even going to go the the school they just got accepted to. So head up my friend, wait it out, you'll get in!!!;)

I'm with you rock, except I was rejected from Louisville and Marquette. Gotta just keep our heads up. I'm sure we're not the only ones...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure that you'll get in somewhere. I think the problem here is that we all expected to hear something today when many schools aren't going to let people know for 3 more days (traveling through the mail).

Also, many people are going to get 3, 4, 5+ acceptances over the next week. They can only occupy one spot and eventually more people will get in.

Ok..so I have 5 pre dec 1st interviews...today the only info I get is that i've been waitlisted at Marquette and Louisville...but wouldn't you know it..I dont have any acceptances...but i get the Air Force scholarship...i can afford to dental school, but still have no school!! what a mess! anyways...congrats to those who have acceptances...i envy you

Congratulations on the scholarship - when did you find out?

My recruiter called me today and told me I was selected. He was asking me "so, how many acceptances do you have?"..and my answer? NONE!! 2 waitlists of the 5 interviews...the others i'm still waiting...its just weird sitting on like 200+k of "free" tuition and nothing to do w/ it. It's like winning a lifetime supply of gas and not having a car

My recruiter called me today and told me I was selected. He was asking me "so, how many acceptances do you have?"..and my answer? NONE!! 2 waitlists of the 5 interviews...the others i'm still waiting...its just weird sitting on like 200+k of "free" tuition and nothing to do w/ it. It's like winning a lifetime supply of gas and not having a car

Weird, my recruiter said you can't get offered a scholarship without an acceptance letter. I need a new recruiter!!! :laugh:

I'm sure that you'll get in somewhere. I think the problem here is that we all expected to hear something today when many schools aren't going to let people know for 3 more days (traveling through the mail).

Also, many people are going to get 3, 4, 5+ acceptances over the next week. They can only occupy one spot and eventually more people will get in.

bingo. i don't know why you people started to think that Dec 1st would be the day you know. its only the first day they can tell you.

No call from Arizona means rejection/waitlist and I was waitlisted at NOVA. Hopefully, NYU and Temple are in the mail (although I got some sort of no decision noise when I called Temple) and USC's e-mail is coming.