Sample Ad For Path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
D
epartment of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is seeking up to two highly qualified hematopathologists for a tenure-track and a fixed-term assistant professor or associate professor position in the Division of Hematopathology. Responsibilities will include clinical hematopathology service, administrative duties and teaching of residents and hematopathology fellows. The tenure track position will allow a significant degree of time to take advantage of the excellent opportunities for research at UNC and to develop an independent research program. The fixed-term position will focus on clinical service and teaching. Individuals with at least 2 years experience in diagnostic hematopathology, including peripheral blood, bone marrow, and lymph node pathology, and flow cytometry are preferred. The applicant must be a M.D. or M.D./Ph.D, board certified in anatomic pathology, board certified or board eligible in hematology by the American Board of Pathology, and qualified to obtain a medical license in North Carolina.

Interested pathologists should send a curriculum vitae, a summary of their career goals, and the names and addresses of five references to Cherie H. Dunphy, M.D.,

The bolding is as it appears in the original advertisement.

Can you get a sense of the condescending tone of this?? They are less trying to sell this crappy job then put pathologists down by not being "outstanding" enough. Its NC for the love of god not Hermosa Beach! They should be lucky native English speakers (of course who are likely not the mainstay of the interest they likely get) would even read the whole ad!! And whats the salary you ask? I would imagine if you even inquired about it, they would get upset because you are supposed to working for the "love of the game"! Of course if that love can pad their bottom line, so be it.

UNC, I call an ENRON on you!

Members don't see this ad.

"highly qualified" means what exactly?

perhaps it's a psychological ploy...

ooh look! there's this job in NC and they want only the best of the best. i think i'm one of the best! maybe i should apply for this job so i can feel special and important!