Sample DAT study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am getting a lot of PMs about this "6-week program"...

Since I wasn't sure what everyone's science background is, I stretched it out to 8 weeks.... However you can EASILY convert the first 4 weeks into just 2 if you have a strong science background.

I am going to post the entire study guide here on this thread, I'll post it over 8 posts (1 post per each week).... There are 2 versions, both are very good and will get the job done if you put in your time. Start with 1 version and STICK to it, don't flip flop around, either do the KBB or the CHADS, and its not necessary to do both once your done with one.

Word of advice, the first 4 weeks are pretty harsh. Your looking at 8-12 hours of studying a day.... Again you DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS, but its there for you if you need it

I came up with this guide from reading the MCAT 10-week home-study program created by exam krackers, I liked it a lot and wanted to implement it for the DAT on a 8-week program

This is based on the following resources:
-Kaplan blue book (KBB) (2009-2010 version)
-Cliff's AP biology (3rd edition from 2007)
-DAT destroyer (2010 version)
-MATH destroyer (2010 version ~ I believe it has 11 tests)
-Crack DAT PAT software (the 10 test version)
-Chads chemistry and math videos (Optional)

Please understand that this is JUST A GUIDELINE, no one has to follow it 100%, there is no guarantee that you will score a high or low score by following it. Its mostly designed for those new folks around SDN who don't really know how or where to start studying for the DAT. This is my strategy, and I believe it will serve many.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 21 users
Is this study timeline outdated or all the materials and timeline still relevant? Thanks!

- Dent007IST
they are still relevant! I based my schedule and materials off of this one (w/o chad's vids or cliff's) and just got a 22AA today!

Reactions: 1 user
they are still relevant! I based my schedule and materials off of this one (w/o chad's vids or cliff's) and just got a 22AA today!
That's amazing, congrats! I always thought this thread was dead for years so im glad you posted