San Juan Bautista School of Medicine Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is a car really necessary?

Yes it is.

I grew up in Caguas, the transportation system sucks. In San Juan we have a train and we are getting the hang of using it but unfortunately Caguas is in planning of having one to connect to San Juan but it will take years. Remember besides going to School, you'll have to go shopping, sight seeing, clubbing, etc.

Bottom line, you need a car to get everywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any new information regarding the status of the accreditation? Anything official? Not to alarm anyone, this is just word of mouth, but I heard that the LCME gave the accreditation back for the sole purpose of MSIV been eligible for residency etc. Again this comes from my source not saying it is true. Can anyone update me on this? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any new information regarding the status of the accreditation? Anything official? Not to alarm anyone, this is just word of mouth, but I heard that the LCME gave the accreditation back for the sole purpose of MSIV been eligible for residency etc. Again this comes from my source not saying it is true. Can anyone update me on this? Thanks
The official meeting of the LCME is next week... any decision they take wil be updated on the website.

Here's the link with the dates and info on the procedures... http://www.lcme.org/procedur.htm#meetings

and here's the link of the directory... it should be updated soon http://www.lcme.org/directry.htm#PR

hope that helps

IS your source Credible?
How reliable?
What basis was used to say that?

The dean of the school has advised that the LCME has granted continued accreditation to the school.

Menonitas hospital chain has also entered into an agreement with the school. It will invest 15 Million Dollar, and 10 of those are to be spent within one year. These changes will surely turn SJB into the Premier Medical School in PR!!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm going in for my interview at SJB on November 9 and wanted to see if anyone had advice for me? I'm not completely fluent in Spanish but have taken 6 years of Spanish and am planning on taking the CLEP to acquire the required credits.

Can anyone shed light on how long I should plan on staying in PR, what kinds of things they ask and any advice on how to prepare for the interview if I'm not fluent in Spanish?

Thanks!!

Hey y'all.

I originally posted this in the 2012-2013 Application Cycle thread, but I figured I'd post it here in case any of you happened to miss it.

Currently I'm an MS-II at SJBSM, and I applied year before last, as an MS-I for the Class of 2015. I've been at SJB for about two years now, and while I'm still trying to figure things out (like everyone else), if nothing else I've got two years worth of mistakes under my belt that need not be repeated by anyone else .

So, if any of y'all have any questions, comments, or concerns about the school, the classes, the curriculum, the admissions process, or the island--that's perfectly understandable. >_>

But I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can. ^_^

P.S. I am an MS-II, so if I don't answer right away, there's a 50-50 chance I'm either studying (and thus, swearing off the Internet for an indefinite amount of time), or passed out after a 32-hour USMLE cramfest @_@. In any event, you can read my posts on the past years' forums as well, since pretty much everything I have to offer has already been said there, in some form or another. ^_^