Satellite Testing Center Issues!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joebob19872

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone who is taking the MCAT this weekend at a satellite center, check your email!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have glazed over the email I received because all it says is "confirmation".

Incredibly annoying issue has come up and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. I was supposed to take the MCAT this Saturday at a Prometric "satellite center" at my university. However, on Sunday, with absolutely ZERO explanation, I received an email from Prometric simply confirming my location at a completely different place, which is an official center and is 30 minutes away. There is nothing on the email about a location change and I did not receive any additional information from AAMC. On the AAMC website, I am still confirmed for the satellite center. I have called them and they said to just go to the main Prometric center that emailed me for the exam, but otherwise they have no idea what's going on. Extremely stressful because the website confirmation is different and there hasn't been any information or explanation or actual instructions...

I'm assuming this has to do with all the issues that May Test takers had with lag and delays, but I wish they would give me an official explanation and definite confirmation on the website.

Currently on hold with the official Prometric 1-800 but they are probably going to redirect me to AAMC, who will redirect me to the test center, who will redirect me to the 1-800....again

Members don't see this ad.

An update in the hopes it may help assuage the stress of others who find themselves in such a situation.

I was on hold with Prometric for over an hour and gave up. Great customer service they have! The man with the heavy accent who answered my previous call said he had no information about what was going on (thus beginning my cycle back to the AAMC).

Last night, I received an automated message from Prometric saying the location has been changed and a follow up email would be sent. I have not received this email and there was no explanation in the message. However, on the AAMC MCAT website the testing location was finally updated, but again with no explanation and not even a new confirmation email.

I am presuming this is due to the lag issues Prometric had with the May exam at satellite testing centers. You would think after paying the AAMC $300 that they would have this issue figured out. Prometric is incapable of handling the increased number of test takers. Perhaps the AAMC should not have added more seats on the same exam day without being ready for it!