SCCP Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spursfan08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from South Carolina's College of Pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview in November and haven't heard anything yet. I was told they wouldn't send letters until fall grades post.

Oh alright! DId you apply to the Columbia or Charleston campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Columbia. Where did you apply? When was your interview?

I applied to Charleston and interviewed on the 28th! I found out a last monday!

Wow! Congrats. Hoping for the same news : )

If anyone has any questions regarding MUSC/SCCP lemme know. I'm in charleston, class of 2015 and i frequent SDN a lot.... maybe too frequently.:oops:

Hi : )

What advice would you give an incoming P1. Is there anything you should or shouldn't do? what student organizations would you recommend joining?

I applied to Columbia.

So people started getting acceptance letters alerady?

Yeah, I think for early admission at least. Which campus did you apply too?

I'm planning on applying during the next cycle...would any of you who mind telling what your stats were?

Last edited:
Hi : )

What advice would you give an incoming P1. Is there anything you should or shouldn't do? what student organizations would you recommend joining?

I applied to Columbia.

My advice: make sure you're prepared; there's really nothing that the school wont already tell you that you should or shouldnt be doing. A lot of ppl want to know if they can start studying early- no, you can't, and lets be real, you dont want to either. Regarding organizations, there are 13 including 3 that are greek society and those depend on what you're into. Some focus more on certain tracks (nuclear, residency, community... whatever) and others are just national organizations. I definitely urge that you join at least one because its your best way to meet your fellow P2 and P3s.

I applied to Columbia campus but I haven't heard anything yet.. I hope I will get a call soon :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. I am trying hard to not think about it and enjoy Christmas, but it stays in my mind. Best of luc to you.

Megandupe, I sent you a private msg. :)

I applied to the Columbia campus and interviewed the first week of December but I havent heard back yet.

If anyone has heard anything, please post. I'm still waiting on word from my interview on 10/23 in Columbia

Called the Columbia campus and was told we should start hearing back sometime next week:xf:

Thank you K777 for posting this. I called the Charleston campus the first week of December and found out (by accident of me calling to confirm) that they NEVER recieved my fall transcript - even though I had email confirmation from my school. Ugh. I ended up fed ex-ing it to Sue Coates, so there were no mistakes in the process. I urge anyone applying to make sure transcripts are in hand ; (

Best of luck to all.

SCCP just emailed applicants an update regarding timelines for sending out decisions :)

Good luck everybody!

I had interview in early January and still haven't heard anything back yet.. This is depressing :(

Does anyone have a head count of how many people r already accepted to the usc campus? I hear lots of ppl saying they r in and this just makes me extremely anxious.. Any feedback would help!

I interviewed in December and haven't heard anything so I am thinking its not good :-(

I have an interview next monday, im super nervous

The interview was very laid back and everybody was really nice -don't be nervous!

I have my interview next week too and im nervous too!

The interview was very laid back. It was a very easy going conversation and everybody was super nice :) they just want to get to know you and your interest. Know your resume and all the "why" answers and you will do great! Good luck!

Does anyone know how they tell you if you got accepted or rejected? Do they call or send a letter?

I applied dec 18th. All required formes were in by mid jan. I am starting to freek out because I have yet to hear anything. Good or bad. If I don't get in that's fine. I just need to know.

I applied dec 18th. All required formes were in by mid jan. I am starting to freek out because I have yet to hear anything. Good or bad. If I don't get in that's fine. I just need to know.

I know how you feel, i submitted my application on Dec.16, and got a call for an interview on february 1st. Waiting is agony. Im like, if im rejected let me know so I can move on. Im sure ill still feel the same way after the interview lol. I think they still have a few more weeks of interviews though, and they seem to be letting people know on short notice if they are gonna be interviewed at this point. So you could still get a call.

Yes, its true its an agony to wait. Hopefully you will hear back something good and soon! I'm just stressed out at the fact that they have already admitted a bunch of people and there are lots to be interviewed and evaluate yet, so I really don't know where I will stand after the interview :(

I was told that a phone call would be placed following an acceptance letter contingent upon any outstanding pre-req. courses. If the number listed on the application is not answered by the applicant and the voice mail does not specify that the mail box belongs to the applicant, then an email will be sent to the email address on record, following a letter.

If you are not accepted, then a letter will be generated and sent by the end of March.

Here's to praying everyone on this thread gets accepted and SOON, so we can all take a deep breath of relief : ) I for one have had enough of this waiting nonsense and I just pray I hear something soon.

I was told that a phone call would be placed following an acceptance letter contingent upon any outstanding pre-req. courses. If the number listed on the application is not answered by the applicant and the voice mail does not specify that the mail box belongs to the applicant, then an email will be sent to the email address on record, following a letter.

If you are not accepted, then a letter will be generated and sent by the end of March.

Here's to praying everyone on this thread gets accepted and SOON, so we can all take a deep breath of relief : ) I for one have had enough of this waiting nonsense and I just pray I hear something soon.

Same here. I hope we all hear something good soon! Does outstandig pre-reqs mean that excellent grades on the transcript?

Outstanding pre-reqs refers to pre-reqs that one still needs to take :) Good luck everybody, I hope we all start to hear back soon :D

Good luck to those interviewing this week!

Does anyone have any information on the statistical numbers for the number of people who applied vs. how many got interviews?

Does anyone have any information on the statistical numbers for the number of people who applied vs. how many got interviews?

I think there were about 500 applicants and they plan to interview 300

would anyone who was accepted mind posting their stats? I am applying this summer but need to work a year to save money/pay off car. Thanks!

Yeah 500 applicants, 300 interviews. At my interview on Feb 6th the guy said they have accepted about half of the 190. But that they will also make a waiting list and rank applicants. The dean said that in the past they have pulled people off the waiting list even up until the start of classes. Im guessing they have about 1 or 2 more weeks of interviewing left.

Yeah 500 applicants, 300 interviews. At my interview on Feb 6th the guy said they have accepted about half of the 190. But that they will also make a waiting list and rank applicants. The dean said that in the past they have pulled people off the waiting list even up until the start of classes. Im guessing they have about 1 or 2 more weeks of interviewing left.

Thanks for the information! Hopefully we will all hear back next week:xf: how did everybody's interviews go? I really felt like the interviews were very laid back :)

I think my interview went well :D It was laid back and everyone was really friendly! wish me luck :xf:

How long did it take for everyone to hear back after interviews??

Last edited:
I think my interview went well :D It was laid back and everyone was really friendly! wish me luck :xf:

How long did it take for everyone to hear back after interviews??

I really want to know it too. Anyone??

Last edited:
Sadly those who have been admitted no longer post here so we are all on our own.. All we can do is wait for one of us to hear back so that all of us can know whats actually going on. :(

Its been a week and 4 days since my interview....still nothing