Schedule II Script - What can be changed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly I'd just start sending them back, you're not their secretary and it's not your job to fix their mistakes and break laws in order to fill their scripts.

Does the law specify that adding a birthday to a CII script is illegal? I don't want to be anyone's secretary, but I do want to know what is within my scope of practice to do, and what isn't.

Members don't see this ad.

Does the law specify that adding a birthday to a CII script is illegal? I don't want to be anyone's secretary, but I do want to know what is within my scope of practice to do, and what isn't.

Only things you can't touch on a C2 script are:
1) MD signature
2) date
3) name of drug

everything else can be verified/changed with prescriber's approval.

3) name of drug

Can I add on a "XR" to change an immediate release to an extended release, for somthing like Adderall, for example? I can't, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I add on a "XR" to change an immediate release to an extended release, for somthing like Adderall, for example? I can't, right?

Not in Texas. That would be changing the drug.

that would be changing the drug so I vote "no"