School List Help - 3.79 cGPA/3.65 sGPA, MCAT: 65-75%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nodak11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, if at all possible I am looking for some help with my school list.

ND resident
UND graduate, majored in Biology/Honors Program
3.79 cGPA/3.65 sGPA
Old MCAT: 23; New MCAT: estimated percentile 65-75%

EC’s: >1000 hrs of clinical work as CNA, >600 hrs community service, >900 hrs of research, leadership involvement in Honors Program, pre-med club, residence hall policy board, and two different community service organizations.

Here is my current school list. I am hoping to apply to 15-20 schools. Any feedback for adding/removing/swapping schools is welcomed.

UND
Creighton
Medical College of Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Philadelphia DO
Lake Erie DO
Campbell DO

Also considering: Saint Louis, Rochester, Quinnipiac, Vermont, Jefferson, George Washington?

I would add more DO schools, but unfortunately I am limited to where I can apply since many of them require 6 credits of psychology (I have 3) or a letter of recommendation from a physician (preferably DO) and I do not have that.

Members don't see this ad.

Conservatively, I recommend:

U ND
Quinnipiac
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
EVMS
Rosy Franklin
MCW
reighton
NYMC
VCU
Rush
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
Rosalind Franklin

Any DO school, except KCUMB, The coastal Touros, CCOM, and AZCOM. Your could start with AT Still, DMU and RVU.

Thank you for your response! I already looked at Loma Linda....hard pass. Does this mean you recommend that I DON'T apply to Loyola or Western Michigan? And according to CIB, it looks like most other DO schools require a physician LOR, which I do not have, so I will likely just stick with the original three I have listed.