School list help/best schools for hepatology or urology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicolek817

Reaction score
Hi! I am working on my school list and I am looking for a resource or anyone who knows which schools are best for going on to hepatology or urology specialties.

Members don't see this ad.

Hepatology is a subspecialty of medicine, so you would need to do medicine residency first. The best way to get into a top medicine residency is to go to the best school you can get into.

Same goes for any specialty pretty much. Urology is quite competitive. I've always been of the opinion that you should go to the best school you get into that has a home department in your field of interest.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I am working on my school list and I am looking for a resource or anyone who knows which schools are best for going on to hepatology or urology specialties.
This is impossible to answer.

Concentrate on getting into med school and then worry about specialties....of which your interests are going to change anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
I know it’s a bit early but I am also slightly interested in urology. For me I’m just praying I get into any of the schools, and from there hopefully any which has a home urology program. My ultimate dream is to stay in state, but that’s near impossible with this stuff

Last edited: