School list-suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inspissated

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm kind of new at this...that is I've been reading SDN but never posted a question before. So I got rejected from the one med school I applied to in the 2008 app cycle. Now, 2 years later, I have much better grades and a better mcat score...from 24 to 32. Here is my school list considering my gpa (3.6**) is about average...what do the wisemen/women of SDN think? And I definitely know my EC's weren't the problem last time.

U of MN-minneapolis/duluth (I'm a MN resident)
Wisconsin medical college
Iowa
Meharry (I'm from kenya, so maybe I have a chance here?...These are the only schools where my stats are better than their averages)
Howard
Morehouse
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown(b/c I like DC)
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!!

**I should also say that my gpa took a somewhat downward trend w/ earning several B-'s when I transferred to the U of MN from a community college. I'm guessing adcoms weren'timpressed when my junior college gpa was at 3.8 and I'm at a 3.4 at the U. My amcas average was a 3.6.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I'm kind of new at this...that is I've been reading SDN but never posted a question before. So I got rejected from the one med school I applied to in the 2008 app cycle. Now, 2 years later, I have much better grades and a better mcat score...from 24 to 32. Here is my school list considering my gpa (3.6**) is about average...what do the wisemen/women of SDN think? And I definitely know my EC's weren't the problem last time.

U of MN-minneapolis/duluth (I'm a MN resident)
Wisconsin medical college
Iowa
Meharry (I'm from kenya, so maybe I have a chance here?...These are the only schools where my stats are better than their averages)
Howard
Morehouse
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown(b/c I like DC)
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!!

**I should also say that my gpa took a somewhat downward trend w/ earning several B-'s when I transferred to the U of MN from a community college. I'm guessing adcoms weren'timpressed when my junior college gpa was at 3.8 and I'm at a 3.4 at the U. My amcas average was a 3.6.

Apply anywhere and everywhere because you never know what a committee member or interviewer may be impressed by. Maybe you get lucky and have an interviewer who thinks that EC's are much more important than GPA. You just never know who is actually evaluating your application.