School list! Thoughts on my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guylewis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted before but now I'm picking which schools to apply as I wait for my transcripts to reach AACOMAS. I need your thoughts on my schools list and which ones I should add and which ones I should remove due to in-state biases or being too much of a reach. I want to make sure I'm not wasting any money

Nontrad, CA native, been out of school for a couple years.

MCAT 28 (11PS/8V/9BS)

B.S. Biology.:
3.31 cGPA
3.50 sGPA
3.03 nonscience GPA
Strong upward trend (senior GPA would be above a 3.8)

M.S. Biology:
3.82 GPA
first author publication in peer reviewed evolutionary biology journal

TA 3 years, did some guest lecturing too
Lab Manager 3 years
Volunteer with the Red Cross 120+ hours monitoring donors
DO letter of rec
Volunteer English teaching in another country for the underprivileged communities (>100hrs)

School list:

Touro-CA
Western-CA
NOVA-Southeastern
KCUMB
PCOM
CCOM
LECOM
LECOM-B
Touro-NY
Touro-NV
ATSU-SOMA
ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM

thoughts? how many places (if any) do you think will likely give me an interview and which places will just be yanking my chain. Thanks for your your two cents everyone, you guys rock!

Members don't see this ad.

I posted before but now I'm picking which schools to apply as I wait for my transcripts to reach AACOMAS. I need your thoughts on my schools list and which ones I should add and which ones I should remove due to in-state biases or being too much of a reach. I want to make sure I'm not wasting any money

Nontrad, CA native, been out of school for a couple years.

MCAT 28 (11PS/8V/9BS)

B.S. Biology.:
3.31 cGPA
3.50 sGPA
3.03 nonscience GPA
Strong upward trend (senior GPA would be above a 3.8)

M.S. Biology:
3.82 GPA
first author publication in peer reviewed evolutionary biology journal

TA 3 years, did some guest lecturing too
Lab Manager 3 years
Volunteer with the Red Cross 120+ hours monitoring donors
DO letter of rec
Volunteer English teaching in another country for the underprivileged communities (>100hrs)

School list:

Touro-CA
Western-CA
NOVA-Southeastern
KCUMB
PCOM
CCOM
LECOM
LECOM-B
Touro-NY
Touro-NV
ATSU-SOMA
ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM

thoughts? how many places (if any) do you think will likely give me an interview and which places will just be yanking my chain. Thanks for your your two cents everyone, you guys rock!

Good stats and ECs...List is ok... Get ready for 5+ interview invites...

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! Thanks for your input. Are there anymore you think I'm not listing here that you recommend?

Add a couple of safety schools such as LMU-DCOM, ACOM and CUSOM since this process can sometimes be a crapshoot...