Schools with time limit for secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cougariffic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any current medical students or reapplicants can chime in on this? I know for DO MSUCOM and Western has a 30 day limit to submit the secondaries, but any idea abt MD schools?

I know the sdn consensus is to submit it asap, but I might not be able to do it. Any information regarding schools with secondary timeframes will be much appreciated! :)
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If i remember correctly, Davis and UCSD has a time limit of 30 days (or was it 2 weeks?)

Reactions: 1 user
UC Davis: 30 days
UCSD: 14 days
UC Irvine: 30 days
UC Riverside: 14 days
UCSF: 28 days

Members don't see this ad :)
MSAR will tell you the time frames for secondary applications. :)

Of the schools I applied to, Wake Forest was 3 weeks and UNC was just 7 days.

Thanks all of you, really appreciate it!

@f4reignbeauty - thank you, but I don't have an msar so decided to make this thread haha. :p

Not trying to highjack your thread, OP, but I have a similar question that people might be able to answer: if I submit my secondaries before AMCAS receiving my LOR's, will this look bad? Specifically, my LOR's will be in a few days after the 2 weeks deadline that is so often touted as the time period in which you should get secondaries in

I think Quinnipiac asks that you submit it within two weeks of receiving it. I don't know if this is a hard and fast due date, but I'd still highly recommend abiding by it.

in general, try to aim for two weeks

in general, try to aim for two weeks
If it comes close to a month is it ok?

Just compiling the info I got so far:
Wake Forest - 3 weeks
UNC - 7 days
UC Davis: 30 days
UCSD: 14 days
UC Irvine: 30 days
UC Riverside: 14 days
UCSF: 28 days
Quinnipac - 2 weeks