Still submit DO secondaries with MD interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angryBird23

Reaction score
Hi, I was fortunate to receive 2 MD IIs in early August, and it's been silence since then. I applied DO as well because I'm a reapplicant and do not want to experience a third cycle. I submitted secondaries to 46 schools (6 DO) and have a couple more DO secondaries as well as one MD one left (they sent me theirs very late for some weird reason) that I've been feeling very lazy about filling out since receiving the IIs. Should I do these secondaries just to be safe? I wasn't going to but hearing nothing over the past 2 weeks is making anxious. Sorry if this is neurotic.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not neurotic. Consider yourself rejected until you're finally accepted. Fill out the secondaries to the schools you're actually willing to attend. Good luck and best wishes!

Reactions: 6 users
Do you want to go to DO school? I assume so because you applied to some, but if you're having doubts now, imagine how hard things will be once you actually have to work hard as a medical student.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What's stopping you from doing those last 3
I did the MD one, but I applied to DO schools more as a safety option because this is my second cycle and I just want to get in somewhere atp. I would attend a DO school if it was my only option, but I would prefer an MD school. Honestly the only thing stopping me is a lack of motivation now that I have other interviews

Unless you would prefer not to go to a DO school if you are rejected from all MD schools (a real possibility for many applicants), you should fill out your DO secondaries. Given how competitive the process is, you would be well served to keep all options open until you have an acceptance.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I wish my employer was paying me more $$$ than my DO colleagues. :)

Joking aside, you will be a PHYSICIAN regardless of the two alphabet letters behind your name. Fill out these secondary applications.

Reactions: 1 users