Scope of dentistry in australia for foreign trained dentists.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prayandwork

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All ,

I am interested in taking the australian dental exams and i was looking for genuine feedback from foreign dentists who have undertaken the OET-Adc 1 and Adc 2 recently.
I would really appreciate if u could give a clear idea as to the difficulty of the exams ,what material to study, how to prepare and how much to score , the whole experience in itself?
ALSO - CAN FOREIGN TRAINED DENTISTS WORK AS DENTAL ASSISSTANTS IN MEANTIME WHILE THEY ARE TAKING THEIR EXAMS.???
Please reply asap.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All , i have 132 views to my post but none could post a reply which could be helpful to me.
Please if someone is preparing for australian exams or recently taken them , do post ur experiences.
Do help me if u have the knowledge.

yes 2 all ur queries...

network with people when u take the 1st test...FTDs do get jobs but worry abt that after ur part 2...

ul need 2 take a course in dental assisting...

enjoy!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Denevista ,
Thanks a lot for replying.
R u a dentist in australia??can u get a job as a dental assistant easily , even before u have taken the exams?
How is the format , is it similar to nbde or tougher?
Yes , there is light at the end of every tunnel. :)

hi......
I hav to give my oet exam in aug.And sidewise i want to prepare for my preliminary adc examination.
plz anyone can help me who is preparing or had already passed this exam...what sort of books?for mcQ and saQ....?
If any body have past papers or 1000 mcq and short ans.ques material plz send me on riya45spring@hot mail.com

I am in a great need plz do help me....

no offense what soever guys. i like forums. they do provide nice answers and all. but i also prefer yahoo answers. they also provide real time answers. so how did the exams go anyone?