Scrubs or Suit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What do you wear for your typical clinic days?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wear bowties sometimes. I started doing so because I did med school in an area of the country where bowties in medicine are more common, and this was very different than my experience growing up. I thought it was interesting and just started doing it because I could.

It was only much later that I discovered there's a penchant for older RadOncs to do it, which I have no explanation for.
I do think it's geographic in part. In Southern California or out west in more rural areas, I might think you a little strange for wearing a tie, but especially for a bow tie. Is it more common elsewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Clinic: Scrubs are fine I guess, but I tend to wear business casual.
Scrubs: If they're anything other than the hospital-provided ones I assume you're either a rep or a nurse.
Bowties: Only after 6pm.

I'm full scrubs since Covid, it's been great but as someone said watch out for the weight creep
Used to be dress shirt and slacks +/- tie but the laundry situation was annoying
Plus we touch a lot of gross things even without procedures and I tend to spill food/drink on myself

The bowtie hate here is hilarious, I would occasionally wear them (in the south)
Harder now to keep my bow tie and half-Windsor skills up though

Question for my fellow scrub wearers - name monogrammed on scrubs yay or nay? It seems a bit try-hard to me but I'm sure my patients would appreciate it

Nay, but fully support people wearing their style in medicine. It's a good thing.

I hope people are buying Figs or something nice. Once I bought them I couldnt believe how much better they were than hospital scrubs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Scrubs 10 years ago, Scrubs today, Scrubs for Lyfe.

#ScrubsorGTFO
1681517712556.gif

Reactions: 1 user