Season 8 Championship Practice - Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will play if absolutely no one else can fill the roster. And only because she is my grandmother. Plus @The_Breadmann is going to play too.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aye aye capn

You Betcha Anna Kendrick GIF
Pocketing me already, must be wolf.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Players
1. Genny
2. Zenge142
3. Mel
4. Puppy
5. Sunny
6. Cray
7. Dubz
8. Vis
9. mkg
10. Alley
11. April
14. Sporty
15.Cooked Yeast

Spec
1. Lawpy

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Players
1. Genny
2. Zenge142
3. Mel
4. Puppy
5. Sunny
6. Cray
7. Dubz
8. Vis
9. mkg
10. Alley
11. April
12. BobLoblaw
14. Sporty
15.Cooked Yeast

Spec
1. Lawpy

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Whenever someone uses the phrase “nut up”, I just picture them getting ready to do drag in an 80’s leotard (those are really high cut). You’re welcome for this glimpse into how my brain works.
you’re (and everyone else is) welcome for the mental image of me in an 80’s leotard and drag :flame:

• Haha
  • Wow
Can I have two roles? I'm ready to play.
200.gif

genny confirmed scum.

edit to add: Don't mind me, I'm just having meatlocker time.

which in this specific part of the interwebz, actually isn't what it sounds like

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.29.05 PM.png

Sorry I forgot WW is srs biznz

• Haha
  • Angry
😘 sry, been busy... many moles to whack before moving in T-5wks
If anybody wants to do a night-owl version of WW I could do it, but can't keep up with day cycles currently

• Care
I'm confused. 10 as in May 10th? Or 10 am today? But we're past that. 10 am tomorrow? Is it asking a lot to get a more approximate start time?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused. 10 as in May 10th? Or 10 am today? But we're past that. 10 am tomorrow? Is it asking a lot to get a more approximate start time?
The game started 10 AM this morning lol

Just moving over here to say that I love the GOT, Lost, and Star Wars references for plot armor.

I'm currently re-watching the beginning of Lost, and choosing the start & end points is a delicate balance for me. The beginning freaks the crap out of me because plane crashes are terrifying. But go too far and the show goes from awesome to terrible.

I may never watch GOT again because I was so disappointed by the disparity between the beginning (better than the books imo) vs the last two seasons.

Problem is we need to know who the candidates are to have a practice game because the elected person picks the schedule

Moving the conversation to this thread, b/c I think it is outside the current game.

For next year, I think we should do the nominations so that we know who the potential candidates are.

Then play a practice game before we know who won. It prevents too much preference for any one candidate.

It might make scheduling difficult, but I think would result in a more realistic simulation. Just a thought.

Moving the conversation to this thread, b/c I think it is outside the current game.

For next year, I think we should do the nominations so that we know who the potential candidates are.

Then play a practice game before we know who won. It prevents too much preference for any one candidate.

It might make scheduling difficult, but I think would result in a more realistic simulation. Just a thought.
Agreeeeeeee

I don't know if that's something that can be realistically done given the extremely tiny timeframe between invites going out and the deadline for confirming your spot as a candidate. Like you'd probably have to start and/or end the voting phase before the game is even done.

I don't know if that's something that can be realistically done given the extremely tiny timeframe between invites going out and the deadline for confirming your spot as a candidate. Like you'd probably have to start and/or end the voting phase before the game is even done.
Do you foresee a year when SDN isn't invited to participate? We could hold the practice before the official invite goes out as long as we know the setup, right?

Still better than a game where we are starting with the assumption that we can't kill some of the players. It's pointless.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you foresee a year when SDN isn't invited to participate? We could hold the practice before the official invite goes out as long as we know the setup, right?
The setup is revealed with the invite. 😬

• Sad
Just moving over here to say that I love the GOT, Lost, and Star Wars references for plot armor.

I'm currently re-watching the beginning of Lost, and choosing the start & end points is a delicate balance for me. The beginning freaks the crap out of me because plane crashes are terrifying. But go too far and the show goes from awesome to terrible.

I may never watch GOT again because I was so disappointed by the disparity between the beginning (better than the books imo) vs the last two seasons.
Shh I’m watching GoT for the first time. Just got to the last season.

source.thumb.gif.aebbc2283ae704caabdc4cb68436ad8f.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users