General Admissions & OTCAS Sending GRE scores, even if not required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

symph64

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts about sending GRE scores to a school that currently doesn't require them? I'm considering sending them to my top choice school to further show my investment/strong interest in the program, but then again they likely wouldn't hold any weight during the admissions decisions.

Members don't see this ad.

If they weren't required I didn't send them. It costs money to send to each school

i'd call the program and see. I know for NYU, they specifically said not to unless you were applying to the OTD, so it depends. I'm sure admissions would give you a clear idea

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools won't even look at them if they aren't required.

Schools that don't require the GRE won't even look at them if you send them in.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

They won't look at it. I've read that on some schools that don't require it. If you send them in, it will not have any influencing decision on your acceptance.

NYU actually told me it was ok to send it for the MSOT so I did because my scores were a strong point for my application.

that's interesting, ginelle john told me not to send them if i was applying to the Master's. But anyway i ended up applying to the MS/OTD

Last edited by a moderator: