sending thank you cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athena09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone send out thank you cards after their interviews? The person who interviewed me was a pharmacist and not a part of the committee. I didn't want to ask for his contact info because that would seem weird. It would be a nice gratitude to send one out...but i'm not sure how i would go about doing it, or even if i should.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent one to my interviewer. She was not affiliated with the university, so I went to the student affairs office and asked how to go about getting the card to her. The assistant dean for admissions took it from me and assured me that he would send it to her.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i was told to send informal thank you's via mail, so they know you took the time vs. e-mail, but i didnt know if anyone else actually sent thank you's or not, i did it anyway

I think it's a good gesture to send thank you cards, 'cause they really did give you their time, professionalism, kindness, etc. ::shrugg::

It's a good gesture, but not a necessary one... If you were at the school were all several hundred applicants are interviewed on the same day, probably more useless. If you were at the school were only a couple people are interviewed at a time, it is a good idea to send one.

This has been discussed many times before. And I have a hunch, will be discussed many times again... Use search function, people, use search...