shadowing hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

themountain123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I hoping to send in my application end of May and early June but I only have 15 hours shadowing a DO (who also wrote me a letter) but I have 16 hours shadowing a podiatrist and some hours shadowing a dentist. Im wondering if I should include these hours and if having only 15 hours shadowing a physician will be a red flag? Would it be worth postponing my application to get more hours?

Members don't see this ad.

I have 16 hours shadowing a podiatrist and some hours shadowing a dentist. Im wondering if I should include these hours
No. I don't really see the utility.

if having only 15 hours shadowing a physician will be a red flag?
No. At least, not unless it is the only clinical exposure you have.

If you have a good amount of hours in a clinical volunteering/scribing position or something like that, then the low shadowing hours won't be an issue.

No. I don't really see the utility.

No. At least, not unless it is the only clinical exposure you have.

If you have a good amount of hours in a clinical volunteering/scribing position or something like that, then the low shadowing hours won't be an issue.
I worked as a CNA for a year so I saw physicians in a hospital setting would that count? I have no scribing and only have non-clinical volunteering tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked as a CNA for a year so I saw physicians in a hospital setting would that count?
Definitely, sounds like you have sufficient clinical exposure then. The low shadowing hours will not be an issue.

Definitely, sounds like you have sufficient clinical exposure then. The low shadowing hours will not be an issue.

i was hoping to include my other hours to show i explored my options but decided on becoming a physician, and thanks! I think ill try and get some more hours until early mid june and then send in my application and say the rest as expected hours

Reactions: 1 user