DO Shadowing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rside

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently work in a ER where we actually have quite a few DOs working. We are a small ER so I get to work very closely with the physicians and frequently get to help them with/observe procedures/have lots of time to ask questions.

What are your thoughts on subtracting a few hours from my clinical hours and listing as DO shadowing?

Members don't see this ad.

Could you ask if you could shadow one of them? If not just list your experience for what it is and try to get a rec letter

Reactions: 1 user
Could you ask if you could shadow one of them? If not just list your experience for what it is and try to get a rec letter
Our hospital doesn’t allow shadowing in ER but a few of the DOs have offered to write me a letter!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's how I got letter from ER DO doctor when I was scribing.

Our hospital doesn’t allow shadowing in ER but a few of the DOs have offered to write me a letter!
It doesn't matter if you shadowed or worked besides a DO, the result is the same. The LOR helps you app.

NOTE: just a reminder to SDNers: not having a DO LOR won't hurt, but having one always helps!

Reactions: 1 users