Shenandoah Ashburn vs. Notre Dame at Maryland University Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mk17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I've been accepted into both, I liked both schools but having a tough time deciding which one I should attend, if anyone with knowledge with either school can give me a pros/cons that would be great thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of either place...go wherever is cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I currently go to Shenandoah School of Pharmacy. The highlight of the program is that we have a small teacher to student ratio, with about 4 students per teacher. Most of the teachers are very friendly towards their students, taking time out of their busy schedules to help students with problems and talk about a number of things. You are a person to them, not a number, and can help you achieve your goals. Shenandoah has a wide variety of professors that specialize in a variety of fields, which helps to give you extra details needed as a pharmacist. From my research, Shenandoah does compete with most private schools, but I can't lie that it is a bit expensive around $35,000. In addition to good academics, the school does offer a number of opportunities to get involved with a number of student organizations that extend out into the community. You said you were accepted into the Ashburn campus, and I know that the building is quite nice and better equipped for studying. However, most events and live lectures take place on the main campus in Winchester, so involved people and those who like live lectures may not enjoy that feature. If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you aware that this school is completely unaffiliated with the more famous Notre Dame in Indiana?