Should I be concerned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringMD0409

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a rising junior and an a bit concerned about grades in chemistry. Its never been my strong suit, and I've gotten a B in gen chem 1 and a B+ in gen chem 2. I dropped o chem last semester, due to a very personal situation that had nothing to do with my course grade, and am in it now this summer. However, i think I am going to get a B+. I did get an A in both of my gen chem lab courses, and have gotten A's in all of my bio courses so far (cumulative is a 3.8). The only other B i have gotten was in calc. Should I be concerned about my chem grades keeping me out of med school?

Members don't see this ad.

What's your sgpa look like and what's your major?
If you can keep your sgpa over 3.5-3.6 I wouldn't be concerned at all

What's your sgpa look like and what's your major?
If you can keep your sgpa over 3.5-3.6 I wouldn't be concerned at all

I'm a bio major. Right now I belive my science gpa is a 3.55-3.6ish. I still have physics, o chem ii, and biochem and my upper divison bio courses left to take

Members don't see this ad :)
Just make sure that you are able to maintain a solid sGPA and cGPA, not to mention that you have gotten all A's in Biology! As long as you do well on the MCAT and have quality EC's you should be fine for med school :)

As of right now you look fine. Keep trying your hardest and don't let your grades slip.

Reactions: 1 user