Should I give it up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoppe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to name any names but here goes. I'd got offered an interview with a company. I've been working with the company for years and know that there are 6 vacancies for the positions. I cancelled my previous plans and was hopeful for the interview. At times, I felt like it will be more like an interview to go over the hiring process than a question of candidacy. The person and I emailed back and forth a few times to set up the date and place without specific time. I emailed back for more inquiries with no response. The day came and gone but no email or calls for explanations. This was very atypical since the person is a highly respected superior. In other word, the person has always kept his words. Assuming the worst, I emailed about the delay. But still no answer. Then I suddenly received 3 forwarded emails from that person regarding the need for more tech hours at certain stores. Now I don't know how to even response. I'm not going to say anything unprofessional but I don't know if I should continue to inquire about pharmacist position or look for employments in other companies?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not going to name any names but here goes. I'd got offered an interview with a company. I've been working with the company for years and know that there are 6 vacancies for the positions. I cancelled my previous plans and was hopeful for the interview. At times, I felt like it will be more like an interview to go over the hiring process than a question of candidacy. The person and I emailed back and forth a few times to set up the date and place without specific time. I emailed back for more inquiries with no response. The day came and gone but no email or calls for explanations. This was very atypical since the person is a highly respected superior. In other word, the person has always kept his words. Assuming the worst, I emailed about the delay. But still no answer. Then I suddenly received 3 forwarded emails from that person regarding the need for more tech hours at certain stores. Now I don't know how to even response. I'm not going to say anything unprofessional but I don't know if I should continue to inquire about pharmacist position or look for employments in other companies?

Your post seems broken in spots as I don't get your whole story. Are you a pre-pharm student as that is what your profile says. If so, I wouldn't email you back about pharmacist positions either. If you are a pharmacy student interviewing for pharmacist positions with no response, I would take the hint and move on. If they wanted you, they would be calling/emailing.

I'm a pharmacy student. It's been awhile since I go on here so I haven't updated my status since. I'm graduating in May.

If I were you, I would call (rather than e-mail) the person (I assume the district manager/Rx supervisor). I would build the conversation around the fact that you would much rather stay with the company, and what you could be great asset to the company since you don't need the training and can jump right in, but you can't be on the hook for months, and if you don't hear about this job, you will be interviewing for other positions. And I would start applying for other jobs now.

When you have one offer on hand, it makes negotiating for another offer much easier and more pleasant. Not to mention, as a hiring person, you think "hey, someone else wants them, they must be pretty good! And if I don't act now, I will lose them." and become more inclined to extend them an offer.