Should I go to Boston U.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MabdulD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an interview invite today from Boston, and I'm not sure if it's worth going. The interview would be sometime during the last few days of January, and I was wondering if there was anyone familiar with the BU process who could tell me what my chances would be interviewing that late, how full the class is, etc....

I tried to search for this stuff, but BU has to be one of the hardest schools to search for. Blast you, two-letter abbreviations!

Members don't see this ad.

Jan is not that late to interview. I don't know about BU, but most schools are only about halfway through their interview season at this point, so generally your chances of getting in if you interview this month are good at most schools. If you like BU, you should go. I see from your profile that you already have 4 acceptances though, so if I were you I would only go if you would take Boston over the schools you have already gotten into.

Mistress S said:
Jan is not that late to interview. I don't know about BU, but most schools are only about halfway through their interview season at this point, so generally your chances of getting in if you interview this month are good at most schools. If you like BU, you should go. I see from your profile that you already have 4 acceptances though, so if I were you I would only go if you would take Boston over the schools you have already gotten into.

I agree with Mistress. And going to the interview can change your mind about how much you like the school.

MabdulD said:
Just got an interview invite today from Boston, and I'm not sure if it's worth going. The interview would be sometime during the last few days of January, and I was wondering if there was anyone familiar with the BU process who could tell me what my chances would be interviewing that late, how full the class is, etc....

I tried to search for this stuff, but BU has to be one of the hardest schools to search for. Blast you, two-letter abbreviations!
I interviewed at BU in November and here's what they said to us at the 'briefing' before they let us go:

Basically, they do their admissions process a little differently than other schools. Initially, they invite some people to interview before December, and those are the folks that get discussed in the first admissions committee meeting for Dec/Jan. After that, they interview a bunch more people and then have another meeting in Feb/March. At that point, everyone who was on hold after the first meeting is reconsidered and everyone who interviewed in Jan and early Feb will be considered. Then they meet again and once people have started withdrawing, they can offer more spots.

At the first meeting, they only accept a fraction of their class. The majority of people are accepted after the second meeting, which your application would be included with. I dunno about whether its worth it in terms of the other places you've been, but if you think you would want to go to that school, it would be worth it to go to the interview. If you already know that you don't want to be in Boston or that the school just isn't a good match for you, then perhaps you wouldn't want to go.

G'luck! :luck: