Should I just use Amboss/UWorld or should I add other HY resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skarl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My current plan for STEP 2 preparation is to take 6 weeks for dedicated studying, during which I will redo all my UW incorrects (completed first pass during third year, roughly 60s%) and the Amboss 3/4 hammer questions (roughly 3 blocks daily). I will also unlock selected Anki cards from Anking (currently matured ~50%) when I get questions wrong. I am aiming for a score of 260+ on STEP 2. What other HY resources would you recommend to help me reach this goal?

For background: I scored 70s-80s on my shelf exams and recently took STEP 1 (our school takes it after clinicals).

Members don't see this ad.

I used only the NBME practice tests, UWorld, and OnlineMedEd (for weak areas) and scored a 281. In my experience, it is all about how you use the resources, especially how you review your incorrects. Many people make the mistake of using too many resources. Your time is likely better spent going over your NBME incorrects in greater depth, rather than adding a resource. I generally have people reset UWorld over using Amboss.

Reactions: 1 users