Should I list publications in preparation on my AMCAS W/A?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ranmasaotome

Reaction score
I realize this question is answered in the negative on the general W/A thread, but I wanted to ask here because MD-PhD is so research focused.

I currently have the main publication of my postbac work (not first author though) getting ready for submission, sometime next month. Should I list the citation separately on AMCAS? Or should I just mention "I'm a co-author on a paper in preparation on X" in my description of the lab.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If the paper is submitted/in revisions, can that go under publications?

If the paper is submitted/in revisions, can that go under publications?
In general:

1. A manuscript that has been accepted (i.e., in print) or that has been published should be listed in the publications section.

2. A paper that is in preparation or that has been "submitted" should be included in a description of your research experience because the paper has not been officially "accepted" for publication in a journal. Maybe the paper will be accepted for publication, after revisions, or require more revisions, or not be accepted for publication. Right now, it is an "unpublished" paper.

Reactions: 1 user