Should I memorize TPR science workbook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perseverance7779311

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so ive been doing all the tpr science work book problems. I'm scared that ill forget how to do half the problems by the time I start doing practice tests. Should I try to memorize this book? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hell no!! You can only memorize so much, and that's usually reserved for content not exercises. If you feel like you're gonna forget something first make sure you understood the solution and I mean really understood as in how, why,and why not. Second, if you want, take brief notes on how to solve a particular type of question.
The exercises you're solving in no way cover everything you need to know. So be sure to understand the concepts from your content review underline your weaknesses through the exercises.
Oh and finally, I'd recommend using Anki to help you memorize anything you're scared of forgetting; it's basically a flashcard program and it has helped me and a ton of other people.

Reactions: 1 user
There's stuff you have to memorize (aka function of eukaryotic cellular organelles, hormones and their effects, etc).
Like the other poster said, use Anki for memorizing minutia. What you really should be doing is analyzing the critical thinking utilized to answer passage-based deduction questions. That will net you the most points on test day :)

I have no idea what you mean by "memorizing" the book.

If you brought in the book with you and the MCAT were open note, I highly doubt it would be useful at all...

You gain from doing to the book by learning how to think through problems, shore up some general content weaknesses, and manage yourself time-wise.

If you are asking about discrete questions that you got wrong due to gap in content then take down notes and read back on those topics, ie. difference between prokaryote and eukarote..you should probably know the difference and if not, make sure you do now. Memorizing stuff from passages would be futile since the answers are based on the experiment or info given in the passage. I would just say use your judgment in deciding what to memorize such that if you were doing a physics passage and missed questions because you don't remember/know the formula then yes, memorize that but other information about how a space station operates..probably not since you can think through those types of questions.