Should I pursue medicine ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lady1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.. Hope you are all doing well

So my story.. I always wanted to pursue medicine but went to law school due to practical reasons. Next year I'm a JD but I don't want to be a lawyer.
The thought of pursuing medicine/dentistry has never really disappeared.

It's been one year since my diagnose of Crohn's ..and even though I'm not on medicine (anymore) I am low energy, have headaches and I have to wake up 1 hour earlier just for my stool..

I am so scared of failing.. Should I pursue my dream regardless of Crohns?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would not pursue medicine (or any other career change) until after having all chronic conditions like your Crohn's and your headaches well under control. Sounds like a call to your GI and your neurologist is the first step for you regardless. Then some time shadowing both dentists and physicians would be wise. You've already made one career decision for the wrong reason, so do your research and educate yourself first this time around so that you can choose your new career for the right reasons.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 user
I would not pursue medicine (or any other career change) until after having all chronic conditions like your Crohn's and your headaches well under control. Sounds like a call to your GI and your neurologist is the first step for you regardless. Then some time shadowing both dentists and physicians would be wise. You've already made one career decision for the wrong reason, so do your research and educate yourself first this time around so that you can choose your new career for the right reasons.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, appreciate it.