Should I retake the DAT? AA: 19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GD2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This past summer I took the DAT and received average scores:
AA: 20
TS: 20
PAT: 22
Bio: 20
GC: 21
GC: 20
RC: 19
QR: 17:depressed:

I just started my 4th year at a pretty competitive UC and currently have a overall GPA of 3.3 and a science GPA of 3.3. I will be applying during the June 2015 cycle, so I am trying hard to bring up my gpa this year. Besides my gpa and dat scores, I feel that I have a pretty strong application due to my extracurricular activities, volunteering, and having been a dental assistant for the past 5 years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AA: 19

I just started my 4th year at a pretty competitive UC and currently have a overall GPA of 3.3 and a science GPA of 3.3. I will be applying during the June 2015 cycle, so I am trying hard to bring up my gpa this year. Besides my gpa and dat scores, I feel that I have a pretty strong application due to my extracurricular activities, volunteering, and having been a dental assistant for the past 5 years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Your science scores are very nice and also very consistent, that is what dental schools like. Your QR score it just a tad low but most schools are typically forgiving, as long as it is above a 15. Hopefully you can bring your science GPA up a bit that will help and make sure you have a great personal statement.

Keep us posted!

Take care...Nancy

AA: 19

Killer job friend! For the last years entering class the average DAT score was 19.9 with an average science GPA of 3.4ish. Your stats are around those and if your extra curricular activities are great, then you could still be a competitive candidate. However, each school is different and will judge you differently. One school might look at your GPA and DAT and dismiss your file while another will be interested. Do your research of each school and see which one will fit your bill the best.

Word of advice. If June 2015 is your application cycle, Have the application done and submitted by June 1rst. That will ensure you are one of the first applications sent out and ideally hear back about interviews within a couple of months.

Once again good job on those scores!

Reactions: 1 users
Killer job friend! For the last years entering class the average DAT score was 19.9 with an average science GPA of 3.4ish. Your stats are around those and if your extra curricular activities are great, then you could still be a competitive candidate. However, each school is different and will judge you differently. One school might look at your GPA and DAT and dismiss your file while another will be interested. Do your research of each school and see which one will fit your bill the best.

Word of advice. If June 2015 is your application cycle, Have the application done and submitted by June 1rst. That will ensure you are one of the first applications sent out and ideally hear back about interviews within a couple of months.

Once again good job on those scores!
Well stated!

Reactions: 1 user