Should I retake these Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasGurl20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Yall I need some advice:
My freshman year I took
Intro to Chem made a D
Chem 1 made a C-
Should I retake them in the summer so I can replace those grades?

Also has anyone on here had to retake their labs? Did adcoms bring this up during interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely need to retake those classes, especially if you got a D in one of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I say retake them...and they won't replace the other grades. See other threads for an explanation.

I wouldn't retake them; they will show up on your transcript anyways, as long as you feel like you can take Chemistry for majors and get a high grade without retaking the remedial courses you might as well proceed.

TexasGurl20 said:
Hi Yall I need some advice:
My freshman year I took
Intro to Chem made a D
Chem 1 made a C-
Should I retake them in the summer so I can replace those grades?

Also has anyone on here had to retake their labs? Did adcoms bring this up during interviews?

If you want to matriculate to med school you better retake. Most med schools require at least a minimum of a C in prerequisite classes, so it looks like you have no choice but to retake them, at least chem 1, I don't know what that intro to chem is, but chem 1, I assume, is the premed requirement, so you must retake it.

Much discussion in the other threads, but If you can do well in higher division classes, I'd vote for that rather than taking the same classes over again.