Should I start on my Pharmcas application this June?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrew89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have never applied to pharmacy schools through PharmCas before. I want to apply to about 5 diferent schools for the fall 2012 class, but I wont be finished with all the prerequisites untill after the spring semester of 2012. Should i start on my pharmcas application when it opens this June (2011)? I am asking because I dont know how they would be able to calculate my GPA without all the prerequites, and btw, I have not done any volunteer work yet, but planning to do it this summer. Should I wait or start applying? Any advise would be greatly appriciated, thanks !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have never applied to pharmacy schools through PharmCas before. I want to apply to about 5 diferent schools for the fall 2012 class, but I wont be finished with all the prerequisites untill after the spring semester of 2012. Should i start on my pharmcas application when it opens this June (2010)? I am asking because I dont know how they would be able to calculate my GPA without all the prerequites, and btw, I have not done any volunteer work yet, but planning to do it this summer. Should I wait or start applying? Any advise would be greatly appriciated, thanks !!!

There will be a section for planned course and you will have to list those out in that section, and they will have an academic update peroid in December for your fall grades.

It's fine - Just about everyone has done it that way if they are non-trads (including myself). Start getting your LoRs lined up now and definitely do PharmCAS in June.

Members don't see this ad :)
The biggest issue I had when I did PharmCAS was getting the transcripts in. I had two transcripts lost total and ended up ordering eight total for the four that I needed. So the sooner the better on those.

Definitely doesn't hurt to start filling in as much as you can now. The sooner you can get the Pharmcas in, the sooner you can start getting replies/interviews from certain pharmacy schools. Good luck!