Should I still study this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So apparently there is no momentum, center of mass, on the MCAT…so if these are removed, does that mean that stuff like impulse momentum theorem, elastic/inelastic collisions are also removed?? Should I just not study anything pertaining to these topics?

I ask because supposedly circular motion, momentum, center of mass, AC, solids, periodic motion, and wave characteristics are all removed BUT these are still mentioned in TPR's physics book so I'm confused :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm honestly worried about this as well - so much has been removed. I'm going to focus on the topics AAMC has listed. Center of mass and periodic motion is still on there. Momentum has been removed as far as I know.

I'm honestly worried about this as well - so much has been removed. I'm going to focus on the topics AAMC has listed. Center of mass and periodic motion is still on there. Momentum has been removed as far as I know.

Yeah, I realized that after looking at the official guide…I guess Kaplan is wrong then, because they said that all these topics were removed in their MCAT 2015 book!

Members don't see this ad :)
What materials do you have??

I was looking at the Kaplan MCAT 2015 - "What the test change means for you now" book. They have a whole chapter of "Topics that are removed" and on the physics section they say that momentum, solids, periodic motion, wave characteristics, AC, center of mass and circular motion are all gone. :shrug: and now it's like I can't trust them anymore lol

I was looking at the Kaplan MCAT 2015 - "What the test change means for you now" book. They have a whole chapter of "Topics that are removed" and on the physics section they say that momentum, solids, periodic motion, wave characteristics, AC, center of mass and circular motion are all gone. :shrug: and now it's like I can't trust them anymore lol

Yeah I wouldn't really trust that lol. But I also think it might be the case that things like periodic motion and wave characteristics aren't focused on as much? Not sure. It seems like fluids was the big thing for the April tests. My main issue is getting my hands on good FLs...I really, really, really need to improve test taking stamina and the lack of available practice FLs will kill me.

Yeah I wouldn't really trust that lol. But I also think it might be the case that things like periodic motion and wave characteristics aren't focused on as much? Not sure. It seems like fluids was the big thing for the April tests. My main issue is getting my hands on good FLs...I really, really, really need to improve test taking stamina and the lack of available practice FLs will kill me.
You're not supposed to know that. Just follow the Khan academy videos and/or check out the AAMC content list.

Reactions: 1 user
I noticed that in the first week, you have 2 days dedicated solely to CARS Review. What is the recommended study time for those 2 days? On days when we're going through passes?