Should I take Physics II before the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celen

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My MCAT is in June. I still haven't taken Biochem, so I'm taking that and studying the next 6 months for the MCAT. I haven't completed Physics II yet (withdrew from it last semester; did badly since it was online). Is it worth taking Physics II? I would have to take it online again which sucks. But I would have a better teacher this time.

I plan on doing the 100 day Nymeria plan January to March and then taking the Blueprint live course from April to June. I feel like I would study all the physics I need by doing that. The online Physics lecture could actually take away from MCAT studying. At this point, I just need a great result on the MCAT, I don't need a GPA boost or Physics II as a pre-requisite for anything. Just I know that people say ideally you should take every class that's tested on the MCAT before taking the exam.

I appreciate any thoughts, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

My MCAT is in June. I still haven't taken Biochem, so I'm taking that and studying the next 6 months for the MCAT. I haven't completed Physics II yet (withdrew from it last semester; did badly since it was online). Is it worth taking Physics II? I would have to take it online again which sucks. But I would have a better teacher this time.

I plan on doing the 100 day Nymeria plan January to March and then taking the Blueprint live course from April to June. I feel like I would study all the physics I need by doing that. The online Physics lecture could actually take away from MCAT studying. At this point, I just need a great result on the MCAT, I don't need a GPA boost or Physics II as a pre-requisite for anything. Just I know that people say ideally you should take every class that's tested on the MCAT before taking the exam.

I appreciate any thoughts, thank you.
Taking Physics II again with the lab will probably help you more than you anticipate. The lab helps reinforce concepts from lecture in a more hands-on way that really hammers the points home. Personally, I am a kinesthetic learner and found that this helped me a great deal. But you don't have to be a kinesthetic learner to do well in lab or to benefit from lab. Not sure if this is what you meant by "online" but there's nothing like being in the lab doing things yourself--no online module can do this for you.

If your university doesn't offer Physics II with the lab (not online), then I would consider taking it at another nearby university.
Make sure to make a study plan so that you aren't neglecting other MCAT subjects while you brush up on physics.
Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user