Should I take the January 2013 PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Red2008

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum.
I need help with this jan. 2013 pcat. This is the last test for me to take for the fall 2013 class.
I have a B.S. in biology but my GPA is not good. It was hard bc I was a single mother at the time. I was also losing my financial aid so I had to work as well to finish paying for college. I have been working as a pharmacy technician off and on since 2004.
Well I'm struggling bc I don't remember anything. Yes I have been studying but I'm married now ,a mother, and I work full time in a closed door pharmacy. I'm only applying to two schools that are near me. Bc my husband doesn't want to move n leave his daughter from a previous relationship. (I'm also pushing 30 if wait I will be old n ill have to wait year n a half b4 I can start.) my friends think I have time but they don't understand please help! I really want to but I been out of school for a while. I have until 01/04/13 to cancel but if I do I will take the July exam. But I will pushing school back another year. Should I cancel my exam or try to take the jan 2013 test?

(One of my schools doesn't have a pcat. Min. Score they just want you to take the test)

Members don't see this ad.

My vote is to take it and apply for Fall 2013. If you don't get in, study study study for July and try again. In these last few weeks before the test, really try to focus on preparing for the areas you struggle with the most on the test.