Should I take the MCAT 5/15 or push it back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

premedfoodie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Long time SDN lurker but first time-poster here. I am struggling to decide if I should take the MCAT this Saturday (5/15) or delay it to a late-June date. My FL averages were ~512 (125/130/127/130)ish but with a decreasing score trend. I've really been struggling with C/P and B/B because I haven't taken organic chemistry 2 or biochem yet, and it's been 4+ years since I took gen bio and gen chem. I've also studied the completely wrong way and took way too much time for content review and haven't done a ton of practice problems outside of my NS and AAMC FL's. The rest of my application is strong, my WARS score is ~77 if I score +/-2 of my FL average. I'd like to avoid applying DO if possible, only because I can't afford paying for both the AMCAS and AACOMAS applications, and I wouldn't want to take a seat at a DO school from someone who is more passionate about OM than I am. I'm not trying to get into a T10, or T50 for that matter, just want one MD acceptance for the 2021-2022 cycle!

Anyways, do you think I should just take the MCAT (and my inevitable L on the C/P section) on Saturday to submit my application as early as possible, or push it back to a late June date to crank out some qbanks and try to break 515? Or option 3, test 5/15, see my score and plan a retake accordingly? Would the few point difference even be worth it to possibly delay my app?

Sorry if this sounds neurotic; I'm panicking and should be studying rn!!

EDIT: looks like I missed the deadline to reschedule/cancel this date so looks like we're sending it!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.