Should I take two difficult classes in the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgal2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am planning on taking at least one difficult class this summer. I cannot decide between anatomy and cell biology. I was thinking about killing two birds with one stone by taking both. This summer I also plan on working and taking the PCAT. Do you think that it's a bad idea to take both classes, work, and take the PCAT all in one summer? Thanks for reading this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean you just have to discipline yourself. Science courses in the summer are no joke. In the biology section of the PCAT, they are known to throw random anatomy questions. But i believe if you have a strict study schedule and study every day except cramming, you should be ok.

Those classes are easy don't worry. Cell biology is probably the easier of the two. I personally would take them both and study for the PCAT and quit your job (unless your job has something to do with pharmacy in which case keep it because it looks good on the application and will gain you experience).

Members don't see this ad :)
Just make sure to maintain the minimum 2.0 GPA needed to get into the newer pharmacy schools and you will be fine

Those classes are easy don't worry. Cell biology is probably the easier of the two. I personally would take them both and study for the PCAT and quit your job (unless your job has something to do with pharmacy in which case keep it because it looks good on the application and will gain you experience).

I am a Pharmacy Technician at CVS. I think it would be a bad idea to quit lol.

I believe this depends on what kind of student you are. If you are good at memorizing both classes will be a walk in the park. But if you don't have that skillset it will take alot of hours to study. But if you want to do it study whenever you can on breaks, on the bus, ten minutes before bed. I mean just think it's will be 4 weeks of intensive work but 4 weeks not long.

anatomy is pretty easy compared to cell bio