Should I Void my 9/1 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterwiggles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the AAMC scored and I am pretty disappointed in myself. I thought I had high projections based on my OG, Q-packs, and Unscored here's the breakdown.

Scored: 506 (130/125/125/126)

Unscored: (75%/83%/85%/75%)

OG: (B/B 27/30, C/p 24/30, P/S 24/30, CARS 25/30)

EK4: 63%

TPR FL1: 501 (126/125/124/126)

NS1: 502

Physics Q-pack: 85%

Chem Q-pack: 78%

Bio1 Q-pack: 67% :( I know, super bad I have no clue why I suck in bio

CARS1 Q-pack: 66% again, sad face

SB: B/B 63 did half of it (27/50) D: wtffffff is going on here, P/S 30/50 did half as well

*decided not to do C/P here, figured I was going to do decent.

Writing 9/1 so I have just today to study. I know my weak points on the scored was definitely 3 subjects which I plan to look over today but other than that I guess just finish SB and do a CARS Q-pack and call it a day? Should I void my exam? I am retaking a 497 from last September (126/122/124/125) and looking to score 508 but ideally 512. I know I am in target range for a 508 but it seems so up in the air, my scores fluctuate so much. Some times I kill bio, sometimes I don't and likewise with CARS. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't go into the test thinking you'll void. Wait and see how it goes. If you feel okay or a little nervous about it, I would score it. If you know in your heart you guessed on like half the exam, then maybe void. Your scores put you in a 508-512 range
Don't worry about the section banks I've heard that 60-70% on those means you're in decent shape. They're just really difficult!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't void. If anything, go over topics you are weak in. That is a great score and don't let the scored FL discourage you. Lots of people have scored higher on the real deal than on the scored or any other exams. It's all about your mindset. Don't go in there thinking the worst. Just prepare for whatever may come your way! Good luck!

A product of a University of California hyper-competitive system. I am hoping they take into consideration the difficulty margin that comes with being in such a system.

EDIT: also an A- is 3.7 which sucks lol