Should I wait for spring grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

verilator

Reaction score
I'm a current Junior and I'm applying this cycle, but my school won't have grades finalized for a couple more weeks. My last final exam for this semester is on the 17th and the registrar is definitely usually slow for posting those grades.

I was thinking of just sending in a transcript now without spring grades so I can submit my application once it opens for submission then just put the grades in the coursework section. Is it a problem not having official spring grades in the transcript? I have a 4.0 and don't expect my GPA to change at all.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current Junior and I'm applying this cycle, but my school won't have grades finalized for a couple more weeks. My last final exam for this semester is on the 17th and the registrar is definitely usually slow for posting those grades.

I was thinking of just sending in a transcript now without spring grades so I can submit my application once it opens for submission then just put the grades in the coursework section. Is it a problem not having official spring grades in the transcript? I have a 4.0 and don't expect my GPA to change at all.
Absolutely wait for spring grades. You can put the order in now to the registrar and there will usually be an option to wait until spring grades are final to send.

Absolutely wait for spring grades. You can put the order in now to the registrar and there will usually be an option to wait until spring grades are final to send.
My school sends transcripts through Parchment. Does this change anything? Does that mean just put in the order once my grades are finalized?

Members don't see this ad :)
My school sends transcripts through Parchment. Does this change anything? Does that mean just put in the order once my grades are finalized?
You can order it now so it’s in your college’s system. It’s common to instruct them to hold off on sending until grades are final

You can't hit the submit button on AMCAS until May 30 anyway, so the timing should work out great!

Last edited: