SMDEP 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Studying for my chemistry test and anxious about the decisions, 4 hours more!!! omg

Haha, I'm actually doing the same thing! At least it's killing time until we find out...

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone just watch the How I Met Your Mother Finale?? had to watch it to get my mind off the 3 hour wait ahead of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Nebraska! I'm from the East Coast and I've been to Omaha once a couple of years ago for a speech and debate tournament. I really liked it. Fingers crossed, haha.

Oh awesome!! We might meet there!! :) :D good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, you too! :) Just about two and a half hours left!

I applied to Nebraska! I'm from the East Coast and I've been to Omaha once a couple of years ago for a speech and debate tournament. I really liked it. Fingers crossed, haha.
How is nebraska? Is my top choice. I'm actually from Puerto Rico so my visit to the states has been limited cause traveling is kind of expensive for us. I mean to states like Nebraska. Florida is cheap because is close so xD

Glad to know someone applied to nebraska!!!! :D

I applied to NE, and it is my top choice as well. I'm currently a freshman at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, so it'd just be a drive down the road for me. Good luck everyone!

I actually got accepted in the first round and I'm going to Nebraska. I hope you all get accepted there! :)

I applied to NE, and it is my top choice as well. I'm currently a freshman at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, so it'd just be a drive down the road for me. Good luck everyone!

Nice to know that!! that's great at least you have it close. If nebraska accepts me I would travel by plane around 8-10 hourss *excitement* Good luck :D

How is nebraska? Is my top choice. I'm actually from Puerto Rico so my visit to the states has been limited cause traveling is kind of expensive for us. I mean to states like Nebraska. Florida is cheap because is close so xD

Glad to know someone applied to nebraska!!!! :D

I was staying in the downtown area, which felt a little tourist-y, but it was nice! Filled with a lot of charming little shops and restaurants. There were a couple of outdoor marketplaces and it was cool to just walk around.

I was staying in the downtown area, which felt a little tourist-y, but it was nice! Filled with a lot of charming little shops and restaurants. There were a couple of outdoor marketplaces and it was cool to just walk around.

Aww that's great sounds fun :3

I'm not getting my hopes up though. I'm not economically disadvantaged, and I'm not a minority either. I'm white....like WHITE white. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
When the rep from NE came and talked to a few of us about applying, she said they were planning lots of fun trips. (4th of july party, College World Series baseball game, trip to the Henry Doorley Zoo...) Should be a blast. Fingers definitely crossed here!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not getting my hopes up though. I'm not economically disadvantaged, and I'm not a minority either. I'm white....like WHITE white. :p

Don't worry about that. Many people get accepted and they are not minority or economically disadvantaged... I look white but I'm minority and economically disadvantaged, how ironic

Are you guys freshen or sophomores? and are you doing medical or dental?

I'm a freshman too. When i applied, I was dead set on going to med school, so thats what i'd be doing if i got accepted. However, in the past month i've been doing a lot of thinking about dental school- seems like a pretty good lifestyle!

I'm a sophomore medical ! I'm glad we're all here to chat/freak out together before results come out. haha

Out of curiosity... a couple people said they were studying for chem tests tonight. What subject are you guys on? I have a chem test this week too. We just finished acids/bases and are now on buffers..

I'm in Orgo II. Right now we're on pericyclic reactions. It's a rough subject. I prefer acids/bases and equilibrium so much more, haha

I just finished acids and bases and buffer stuff! Now I'm on reaction rates! I love chem but I'm scared of O chem!!

I'm on chemical balance is chemistry part II .. I want to repeat so bad the part 1 because I didn't learn anything ugh... that's one of the reasons I'm transferring to another university.

I just finished acids and bases and buffer stuff! Now I'm on reaction rates! I love chem but I'm scared of O chem!!
Don't be scared! Come into it with an open mind. It's really not all that bad (we Orgo kids just like to complain a lot, haha). You might even find you like it! It's a lot more about thinking processes through than regular chem, but you will be fine, I promise :)

Don't be scared! Come into it with an open mind. It's really not all that bad (we Orgo kids just like to complain a lot, haha). You might even find you like it! It's a lot more about thinking processes through than regular chem, but you will be fine, I promise :)
Alrighty, thanks for the info!! :)

well on the bright side, after midnight I'll be able to concentrate :D

I hope you all get in!!! And we can meet in Nebraska :)

Do the results come exactly at midnight or is it better to wait around 1 since the site will be crashing and stuff?

rejected all 3 :-( wow I wanted this so much, I wish I can have opportunities like these in Puerto Rico but well next time, congrats to those who get in

UVA-full
Washington-rejected
Houston-waitlisted there's hope!

How about everyone else?
Congrats on those that got in! & there's SO many other summer opportunities out there for next summer. Don't give up hope yall!

I WILL BE SPENDING 10 weeks at UCLA OMG

Rejected at Louisville and Washington but waitlisted at Nebraska!

Columbia - Rejected
UoW - Waitlisted
UoV - Accepted

w00t w00t. Washington was #1 choice, but Virginia is cool. Anyone else going there?

UCLA-full
UW- not accepted
Yale- full

Congrats to those who got in!