SMP Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well its better than seeing the words rejection or Waitlist! Who's with me?

Members don't see this ad.

BOBODR said:
Well its better than seeing the words rejection or Waitlist! Who's with me?

congrats. r u going? i still haven't applied. i guess i better hurry

Hey I got it today too. And I was about to finish my BU app... guess not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get an email or an actual hardcopy?

Tommyk7 said:
Did you guys get an email or an actual hardcopy?

Email. Hardcopies will be sent to us soon..... I was complete like 2 weeks ago I think.

Nice. Thanks and congrats!

where did you guys get accepted to?

disregard previous post - its been a long morning. congrats tho! i'm still nervously awaiting a decision. would you mind posting your stats?

haha yeah I hear ya Lu. I'm *crossing fingers* for GT as well. .. :scared:

Tommyk7 said:
haha yeah I hear ya Lu. I'm *crossing fingers* for GT as well. .. :scared:

31S MCAT (9-9-13)

3.52 overall from a top 25 school

Some random grad school classes (Like Advanced Biochem, Long Term Healthcare, and Molecular Evolution) =4.0

Good luck.....

BOBO, when were you complete?

LT8R said:
BOBO, when were you complete?

End of January. I erased the email but I think 2 weeks ago, not more than 3.

hey bill, when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 1/30. Bobo's stats are better than mine =/. I've got a 3.33 on the button and a 29O.

Bill Mcneal said:
I was complete 1/30. Bobo's stats are better than mine =/. I've got a 3.33 on the button and a 29O.
You have a good MCAT score but a small part of me wants you to retake it to get a 33. If only there were a way to make your writing sample score a 3, too.
Seriously, congrats on getting into the SMP. Now that they're sending out acceptances I should send out my app, huh?

well great job both of you. i hope that doesn't mean that people who were complete before 1/30 and didn't get an email today have bad news in store for them. i guess we'll just have to wait and see....
tommy i'm right there with ya. good luck!

congrats BOBO and Bill!!!!! i was complete on 1/27th but i guess they passed on my app this review cycle cuz i didn't hear anything yet (accept/reject or waitlist) via email.

but then again, my UG GPA was much lower (in the unacceptable, r u CRAZY 2 apply range, though my postbacc and grad school (pharmacology with molecular neuroscience lab based MA thesis) GPAs were higher than your UG GPAs - but as i have learned during this application cycle - the UG GPA seems 2 count the most out of the GPAs, even though it was about a decade ago) while my MCAT was higher than both of yours....but guess it doesn't matter much if the UG GPA is ridiculously low.

but anyways, congrats again. hope u guys hear some good things from med schools soon 2.

Lu E Lee said:
well great job both of you. i hope that doesn't mean that people who were complete before 1/30 and didn't get an email today have bad news in store for them. i guess we'll just have to wait and see....
tommy i'm right there with ya. good luck!

I dont think thats the case at all. They are probably going to let in people with higher stats first then re-review people.... I dont think they reject until the summer unless you are way off the mark. Good luck.

Bill are u def going? Or are you waiting for medical school stuff this cycle still?

I already signed up to retake the big test this April. I'm pretty sure I'll do substantially better this time around what with being unemployed and all... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be in D.C. this August. Though BU appealed to me, I really didn't want to do the 2 full years, and i didn't like the sound of the Drexel IMS w/ no degree. Plus, I haven't finished those apps yet. So ya know..

Bill Mcneal said:
I already signed up to retake the big test this April. I'm pretty sure I'll do substantially better this time around what with being unemployed and all... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be in D.C. this August. Though BU appealed to me, I really didn't want to do the 2 full years, and i didn't like the sound of the Drexel IMS w/ no degree. Plus, I haven't finished those apps yet. So ya know..

stick w/ gtown; it was the first program of its kind and the best...a real "MS" in physiology and biophysics degree ...no lame MA in medical sciences or two year deals

its intense but it will give you a taste of what to expect in med school

FowlersGap said:
stick w/ gtown; it was the first program of its kind and the best...a real "MS" in physiology and biophysics degree ...no lame MA in medical sciences or two year deals

its intense but it will give you a taste of what to expect in med school

quick plug for gtown; i had a 3.45GPA/30P and ended up with a 3.5 in GT SMP...the year i was in Gtown i had 2 interviews but after the program (this year) i had 7 interviews with the only diff. being the program. the GT SMP hooks you up

DrHuang said:
quick plug for gtown; i had a 3.45GPA/30P and ended up with a 3.5 in GT SMP...the year i was in Gtown i had 2 interviews but after the program (this year) i had 7 interviews with the only diff. being the program. the GT SMP hooks you up

I just wanted to clarify...so you applied the first time at the start of the program and then reapplied the sumer after, so you'll have one year off after the SMP?

Zoom-Zoom said:
I just wanted to clarify...so you applied the first time at the start of the program and then reapplied the sumer after, so you'll have one year off after the SMP?

yup...its that one year off right now and man...having a year off is great! (btw, werent you in the SMP last year?)