So I got into a DO school but I'm taking a summer class.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allenyoung96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into a DO school off a waitlist a few days ago and am taking a summer class which is totally irrelevant to medicine. I wanted to take a management class to possibly (?) get an MBA because I didn't think I would get in this cycle as I was on several waitlists.

I have the option of dropping this class and getting a 50% refund by Friday. Is that something I should do? I'd get a 50% refund and a W on my transcript. Is this something the school I'm matriculating to will look down on? I literally got the news the day after enrollments were 'set' for my institution and am not sure what to do.

It's a graduate level MBA course btw.

Members don't see this ad.

The school will not care. Save your money

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. Thanks man, I was pretty sure this was the answer but I was over-thinking it to oblivion.
You can always call admissions and double-check, but I can't imagine any school even remotely having an issue with this

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
You can always call admissions and double-check, but I can't imagine any school even remotely having an issue with this
Yeah I also don't like having a W on my transcript but I guess that won't be relevant since I am already admitted.